Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
02-06-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure a whole other mission would've been necessary, but some minor textual changes could've helped it. Like, make it so you're initially working with Yar only so you can steal the Enterprise and take it back yourself. Then at the end, either Yar and whats his face retake the ship from you, or the Wells comes along and plucks you out before you can do any damage. It would be a cheap ending from the Klingon perspective, but at least we'd be acting like Klingons in the Klingons' interest the whole time.
Captain
# 12
02-06-2013, 09:20 AM
You do realize that they're too busy to make a KDF version of the anniv mission because they're busy making KDF content for S8, right ?

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 02-06-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Captain
# 13
02-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
You do realize that their too busy to make a KDF version of the anniv mission because they're busy making KDF content for S8, right ?

Good point here and why the op and others need to stop complaining. KDF content will come out soon in new episode series. We do need more KDF only missions I agree, but this anniversary mission did not need to be it. The story for this mission didn't really make a lot of sense anyway, just something you need to do to get a free ship.
Rihannsu
# 14
02-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Okay, if you play an honorable Klingon, I wouldn't have much beef with the mission's overall story, the problem is in the details, namely your character doesn't know his or her own history.

Think about it, this is the Enterprise C, the ship that went down in a blaze of glory protecting a Klingon planet. And you helped her get there to do it. What better honor is there, besides being allowed to fight in that battle. All Yar needed to have said was "We're going back in time to fight Romulans who are attacking a Klingon colony."

But on the other hand, given that you don't know any of this history, or that you were a starfleet officer or a KDF officer, and that you have probably lived your entire life under some opressive government, you could argue that what a KDF or Starfleet officer would do isn't imortant, since your character isn't one of those, he or she is just some tramp freighter captain in the right place and the right time.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 15
02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I'll buy into the argument that on the "far side" of the time jump, we're all weird freighter captains that are noted for our "oddity" and sucked into a battle, without knowing what "empire" we came from. Heck, I'll even add some support to this and say that the time-change was so far before the Undine treachery / annexation of Gorn that the KDF still thought of themselves as an honorable pseudo-Federation that loved combat...

However, the one thing that bugged me about this run is how there's a KDF "Temporal Guard" that flies Koraths, etc., yet it has to be a Wells that saves the KDF bacon from the fire...
Yes, I'm going here. Iconic / "hero" ships, I'm talking Galaxy/Defiant/Intrepid here you TNG-era fans, get a T6 version, then ALL the hero ships (Connie, Miranda, NX, etc.) need one too. I'm a ToS fan, and proud of it. This is a themepark, let me enjoy my ride or none of us deserve one...
Empire Veteran
# 16
02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
As a KDF officer...I think I should have been allowed to take the helm of the Ent-C and pilot it home as a war trophy -- to turn it in for additional Romulan reputation, perhaps...or better yet, Fleet Marks!
Captain
# 17
02-07-2013, 10:33 AM
What reason would I have to trust anything Yar or Castillo said? It's obviously not easy finding work in this timeline and as a freighter captain, whether it's a cushy job or not, I would no reason to jeopardize my livelihood for a wild story and humans I just met. Moreover, as a Lethean I am predisposed toward a mercenary lifestyle and the Tholians are write the checks. Yar and Castillo offer me nothing.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 18
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I haven't played in on my KDF character yet (Hey, I haveuntil 2/13 at the latest) -- but is all the dialogue the same for a KDF character (IE the part where Tahsa Yar states '...you're a Star Fleet officer too." ??) <-- if so, that's really bad. If not, then it's kind of surprising they diod at least tweak some of the dialogue a bit more for the KDF version.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 19
02-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
What reason would I have to trust anything Yar or Castillo said? It's obviously not easy finding work in this timeline and as a freighter captain, whether it's a cushy job or not, I would no reason to jeopardize my livelihood for a wild story and humans I just met. Moreover, as a Lethean I am predisposed toward a mercenary lifestyle and the Tholians are write the checks. Yar and Castillo offer me nothing.
Well because even not trusting them its in the KDFs interest to help. In this timeline where the Klingon Empire gets conquered by the Dominion after being weakened by long war with the Federation they would want to restore it back also.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I haven't played in on my KDF character yet (Hey, I haveuntil 2/13 at the latest) -- but is all the dialogue the same for a KDF character (IE the part where Tahsa Yar states '...you're a Star Fleet officer too." ??) <-- if so, that's really bad. If not, then it's kind of surprising they diod at least tweak some of the dialogue a bit more for the KDF version.
No, there are tiny changes to the dialogue that make it clear that she's aware that you're with the Empire. The Wisest Tribble also has special dialogue for Klingons (it's likely the same as the Feds for other KDF races, though).