Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
# 251
02-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captakira View Post
I have updates launcher and still crashes when trying to patch. Did not have any problems until Emergency shutdown for maintenance on Friday.


ISP is att&t or sbcglobal.net
isnt that illegal?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 252
02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
The launcher was updated today. For almost all of our players, it should automatically update the next time you go to launch it. If you have any issue, please download the launcher here: http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,106
# 253
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
My problem isn't the launcher coming up but the "on demand patch server" timing out even when I don't have that feature enabled.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!

Last edited by genhauk; 02-07-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 61
# 254 logging in problems
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
hey gang, this is the first time this has happened to me. Been playing for 3 years. After this latest patch i'm getting this error message. "Fatal error: unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect: The connection was idle fro too long. My internet works great and i logged into skyrim right after this so it's not on my end. Is there anyone else having problems logging in?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,041
# 255
02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
If you want my advice, disable on-demand patching...
This should clear your problem as well.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 61
# 256 dis-able
02-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
If you want my advice, disable on-demand patching...
This should clear your problem as well.
That's the first thing i tired,but alas it didn't work. anymore ideas?
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
# 257 Perfect world - ha
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Was logging in and playing ok this morning - after patch now get:


"Please log in using your perfect world account name"

On log in screen and I can't get into game.

Not doing anything I was not doing this morning.

Have "they screwed up the patch work?

Is anyone having same proble.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 258
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterofblood View Post
hey gang, this is the first time this has happened to me. Been playing for 3 years. After this latest patch i'm getting this error message. "Fatal error: unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect: The connection was idle fro too long. My internet works great and i logged into skyrim right after this so it's not on my end. Is there anyone else having problems logging in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailplane0405 View Post
Was logging in and playing ok this morning - after patch now get:


"Please log in using your perfect world account name"

On log in screen and I can't get into game.

Not doing anything I was not doing this morning.

Have "they screwed up the patch work?

Is anyone having same proble.

The launcher was updated today. For almost all of our players, it should automatically update the next time you go to launch it. If you have any issue, please download the launcher here: http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 61
# 259
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The launcher was updated today. For almost all of our players, it should automatically update the next time you go to launch it. If you have any issue, please download the launcher here: http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Downloaded the launcher and it tried connecting 2 times .... then this =>unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. if problem persist, please contact Technical support. my internet is humming like a bird all is well on my end. I am very grateful for your trying to help its shows a personnel commitment to the players.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 61
# 260 connection stats
02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
My ping is 28ms .... My download speed is 33.93 Mbps .... my upload speed is 6.33 Mbps got the information from speedtest.net therefore i am not having connection problems.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51 PM.