Lt. Commander
# 241
02-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plox21 View Post
but why will i set my game settings right when i can whine that everything create lag .

and this thread should be renamed to " is anyone else getting sick of the new party popper cry-babys already " , because after reading all of this nonsence i feel sick.

word-up to that. so much fun has been taken away from us because of the whiners. gear nerfs, foundry, and even the things that are only there for fun. i say, off with their heads. or maybe Q could turn them all into paramecia for a while to teach them a lesson about being a baby.
Fleet: Stargate-Union
Pizza: Pepperoni
Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
Career Officer
# 242
02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop!

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Ensign
# 243
02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Even simpler solution. Change instance.

I've never had to change instances more than once to find one not currently filled with balloons in the area I want to go to.
Lieutenant
# 244
02-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Yes, sick.

Also, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanaelje View Post
Just make them enemies we can target. That would be fun.

I mean come on, how much of an arse do you have to be to complain about balloons for a celebration. No one complained about the Tribbles in the first party popper, so why all the hate for balloons? Is it because your computer is lagging? Then you don't have a fast computer, but that is ok, there is a setting in the graphics menu you can lower which removes this framerate lag with the balloons. For those of us with good computers, maybe we want to enjoy the big balloons. Why take this away from us? That is not a good thing to do.

Cryptic pandering to these vocal minority, and nerfing the balloons, is ridiculous. If we are to ever have hope of better graphics effects, evolving in this game, giving us new features, then that is shot now because if your computer can't even handle some balloons, there is no hope. I want to see the graphics evolve in this game, I want to see developers innovate and give us new things, I have the computer horspower for it, I want all the fancy bells and whistles, balloons don't slow down my system. That's why graphics settings exist in the menu, you can turn them down if the framerate is too low. I'm not happy that Cryptic is nerfing the balloons.

I'm overall disappointed in the reaction towards the balloons, has everyone lost their funny bone? Come on people, relax, have fun, it's a game, and this is a 3 year celebration, take it for what it is and just HAVE FUN and stop complaining about balloons. On the list of things to complain about in this game, balloons are at about number 978,643.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Lt. Commander
# 246
02-07-2013, 02:11 PM
+1 for thread , now we wait for first strike of all cry-babys.....brace for impact .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Starfleet Veteran
# 247
02-07-2013, 02:15 PM
+1 Yup. Too many cry-babies that pounce whenever there is a chance.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Survivor of Romulus
# 248
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Well, FWIW, I think the balloons are fun.
Live long, and prosper.
Captain
# 249
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM

Nobody should have to gimp their graffics settings to use the bank/exchange at a starbase, period. That's the beginning and end of it, and it's nothing to do with the juvenile troll fodder about ruining anyone's fun or running ancient machines.

You still have your stupid balloons. You're just less able to grief people with them now. Cry me a river.
Career Officer
# 250
02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post

Nobody should have to gimp their graffics settings to use the bank/exchange at a starbase, period. That's the beginning and end of it, and it's nothing to do with the juvenile troll fodder about ruining anyone's fun or running ancient machines.

You still have your stupid balloons. You're just less able to grief people with them now. Cry me a river.
It's a physics setting, it shouldn't impact how nicely the world looks.

And yes the first thing any PC gamer learns is to turn down settings if their computer can't handle them.

This isn't a console game.

It's amazing how helpless people are, that they have to have the devs nerf something because they're too ignorant to come to the forums asking for a solution.

A solution which has been offered multiple times!

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.