Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Empire Veteran
# 31
02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Every season has just introduced more bugs and fixed almost none from the season before. They then go and fix maybe 20% of the new bugs and move onto the next season, which is what they are pretty much doing now.

Is S7 bug free? It'd say its pretty badly bug filled, bugs people encounter constantly are being ignored. Since this patch was essentially "fixing balloons" you can be sure they are onto S8, otherwise those 40 people would need to be fired for a severe lack of output.
See my 'Cryptic is all about gradual updates' bit above.

They release fixes when they're available, not before or after. If there isn't a fix for something you really want fixed, then there isn't one yet. It's as simple as that

And also, wanting employees to be fired over something so trivial as fixes for a game is just plain stupid imo
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 32
02-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Anyone that has gamed on PCs for longer than 10 minutes should really be aware that due to the huge variances in hardware out there, pretty much all games require slider tweaking to run optimal for your system. That's not an STO issue, and never will be.

Having said that, as a regular in the Academy Events personally, there have clearly been people using the balloon guns to grief by spamming balloons in the hallway until it overloads people who haven't/don't know how to mess with the settings by slowing their system down to pretty much 0.

It's a very minor change that will hopefully help reduce that issue.

However I do see the point that there are other issues that seem (on the surface) ignored long term for reasons unexplainable. I'd love to know how this is more of a priority than giving people a "cancel project" button for fleet and personal rep projects. It's insane either was ever released without one, let alone being allowed to go on this long. That's only one of a couple dozen issues that get pointed out regularly. Things like the character select menu listing your shuttle instead of your ship, or the Omega Rep costume issues, or the Tholian Red Alerts, and so forth.

I also hope pre-season 8 addresses a lot of the current known problems, as the longer they stay the longer it becomes likely they always will. Obviously there's a lot of internal work going on with season 8 as we speak, but I hope there's still resources to get to these things.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 02-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 33
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Thanks whiners. You got nerfed one of the coolest things released by Cryptic.
no the coolest was the Tribble bug back in the beta

more you pet them bigger they got, BO's would stand there petting them until they where engulfed by giant tribbes
Captain
# 34
02-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenumber55 View Post
no the coolest was the Tribble bug back in the beta

more you pet them bigger they got, BO's would stand there petting them until they where engulfed by giant tribbes
That sounds like the most awesome thing ever
Career Officer
# 35
02-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
See my 'Cryptic is all about gradual updates' bit above.

They release fixes when they're available, not before or after. If there isn't a fix for something you really want fixed, then there isn't one yet. It's as simple as that

And also, wanting employees to be fired over something so trivial as fixes for a game is just plain stupid imo
Its not just about getting a fix it would be appriciated if the bugs would be acknowledge and looked at. But the whole silence the topic to dead isnt working at all. It takes them 2 seconds to post up a reply. "where working on this problem" Instead you have to wait 15 days for a CSR rep to tell you there is no bug and refused to acknowledge the problem even when it stares you right in the face. *shrugs* I'm sorry but a little communication doesnt hurt.
Empire Veteran
# 36
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issvanora View Post
Its not just about getting a fix it would be appriciated if the bugs would be acknowledge and looked at. But the whole silence the topic to dead isnt working at all. It takes them 2 seconds to post up a reply. "where working on this problem" Instead you have to wait 15 days for a CSR rep to tell you there is no bug and refused to acknowledge the problem even when it stares you right in the face. *shrugs* I'm sorry but a little communication doesnt hurt.
Tell that to "We're telling people everything we're doing, then get called liars when it doesn't pull through" Cryptic

Really, telling people that every single bug (by name) is being looked into does not make an actual fix come sooner because of it

Sorry, but it sounds like a waste of time to me.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 02-07-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Sorry, but it sounds like a waste of time to me.
And I agree with you! In fact, its sounds like child wants! Just like you said, just because Cryptic or PWE looks into a bug that don't mean they automatically have the fix for such bug! In fact we should be grateful that STO came this long! 3 yrs and its still running! And I can assure people that Cryptic puts everything they got into making STO the best game and making YOU GUYS happy!