Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
02-07-2013, 12:45 PM
We did not act as we once did because in the timeline change we where no longer as we once where until we where able to change things back.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 22
02-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
No, there are tiny changes to the dialogue that make it clear that she's aware that you're with the Empire. The Wisest Tribble also has special dialogue for Klingons (it's likely the same as the Feds for other KDF races, though).
I opened some box in the maze and it told me that I already had an item from that box, in another time.

WTF did I get, a battery ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 23
02-07-2013, 03:19 PM
I did it first on my Fed since I wanted the Ambassador really bad. However soon as I got it, I got on my KDF for that ship. Since I already read and did the story line. And it was just a copy/paste. Like many other KDF missions. I just did a run it as fast as you can and move on type mission. Which is what I usually do anyways. By not reading, running/blasting through it fast as I can. That is what I usually do on the KDF until they actually make missions for them that is KDF based. Not a paste/copy.
Career Officer
# 24
02-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
No, there are tiny changes to the dialogue that make it clear that she's aware that you're with the Empire. The Wisest Tribble also has special dialogue for Klingons (it's likely the same as the Feds for other KDF races, though).
It screamed and scurried away from my Gorn. He can't use tribbles normally either. Haven't tried them with my Orion or Nausicaan boffs but I think tribbles have the same reaction to all KDF.

Interestingly, even though my Fed Klingon toon can't use tribbles (they scream and provide no buff) the wisest tribble cuddled right up to him. So I think it's just a dialogue swap for the differnet factions irrespective of race.

The only race-specific mission dialogue I've ever noticed was actually for my Vulcan toon in "Boldy They Rode."

"Look at all the pretty lights!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
02-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post

It screamed and scurried away from my Gorn. He can't use tribbles normally either. Haven't tried them with my Orion or Nausicaan boffs but I think tribbles have the same reaction to all KDF.
Hmmm...not all KDF, in fact I thought that they only react that way to Klingons. Possibly the 'wisest tribble' is pre-set to scream and run into the corner if you're KDF.
But for ex. the regular Tribbles in game always purr in the paws of my Ferasan. I'm pretty certain that they have purred as well on my Orion and Joined Trill.
I haven't tried Gorn, but I'm actually suprised to hear that Tribbles don't like Gorn either, I thought that was a Klingon-Tribble thing.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Empire Veteran
# 26
02-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
And people LAUGHINGLY -want- a new Playable Romulan faction???

The cynical side of me, sort-of hopes the May update includes a new playable Romulan faction. Then I can watch it crash and burn like the KDF has been doing ever since launch.
It is probably more about flyable D'deridex
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Starfleet Veteran
# 27
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
With this sort of attitude is it any wonder no one seems to take you seriously?

I wonder if any of the "cryptic sucks" KDF players are big enough to apologize if the may update totaly finifhes the missing KDF content.

OR will they just nitpick it as they do everything else that has been added to the KDF.

"Yeah well you gave us missions for lvls 1 to 50, and yeah added like 10 new ships, and maybe gave us targ breeding. But you didnt give me the blue boots i wanted so this update totaly sucks."
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 28
02-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Hmmm...not all KDF, in fact I thought that they only react that way to Klingons. Possibly the 'wisest tribble' is pre-set to scream and run into the corner if you're KDF.
But for ex. the regular Tribbles in game always purr in the paws of my Ferasan. I'm pretty certain that they have purred as well on my Orion and Joined Trill.
I haven't tried Gorn, but I'm actually suprised to hear that Tribbles don't like Gorn either, I thought that was a Klingon-Tribble thing.
Maybe they just smell the tribble juice on his hands from all the tribble kebab he eats.

"Look at all the pretty lights!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
# 29
02-08-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Just another copy and paste Fed mission!

Why is the KDF invovled - Yar's timeline was at war with KDF where 30 billion lives had been lost - but she shows up there at the Tholin base and has no problem with a KDF helping her escape with the KDF captain taking command of the Ent-C?? You got to be joking.

This mission is just another Fed mission with a slight change in who will make the distraction of the Tholin guard.

Keep believing in the Line that they will finish the KDF - but they could not make the 3rd anniv mission a little more that a Fed copy paste?

Yes Yar's timeline was at war with the KDF, but she also knew that her timeline was wrong, just as wrong as the one she finds herself in now. She knows that the real timeline is one where the Federation and the Klingons are NOT at war and are indeed allies. However none of that can happen unless the Enterprise C returns to Narendra and is destroyed/captured helping to save the Klingons from the Romulans. It is therefore absoultely correct that she should seek help from both a Federation or KDF officer, it is in both these peoples interestes to restore the timeline which will result in no war costing billions of lives and no Tholian invasion of the Alpha Quadrant.

This is one of those rare cases where the interests of the many outweigh the interests of the few or the one. It matters not which faction you are from, hell if there were a Romulun faction this mission would still work, as although in a way the Romulan sent back would be assisting the defeat of his own forces in the Narendra battle, he would also be preserving his entire race from Tholian anhilation. However in STO this gets a little more complex because Romulus is destroyed as we all know but at the time of the TNG episode it wasn't so again it would make sense.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Empire Veteran
# 30
02-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its time for a new tactical approach than playing wounded targs because is and has not been working for us.
Lobbying. Talking about the faction if there is a good opportunity. Tell everywhere "ok, but don't forget the KDF faction".

Attracting more players could be useful too, because you don't need to be a fan to play the red side. Most of the times, devs tend to forget that. We get too much "fan service" blahblah these days; Stahl thends to forget he also has a MMO in his hands. This should be our motto, instead of serving the limited KDF fanbase. While i'm definitely not a KDF fan i love my KDF chars. I think many people could be in the same situation if they tried seriously to level up and take care of a char they like. Most of us are still ST fans but gamers are a good audience for the red side. And there are many of them in there.

Last edited by diogene0; 02-08-2013 at 05:15 AM.