# 21
02-07-2013, 02:29 PM
@jocelyn2 - LOL! Bieber, geez. I loved the ending
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 22
02-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Fantastic entries, everyone I have to admit, I very nearly called a pass on this one, for the simple reason that even if transported back in time as described, Captain Palmer would immediately attempt to return to her own timeframe with no interaction with the planet at all, and I'm not a fan of 'time travel without an objective'... In the end, it was entries from others which made me decide to take on the challenge, as a way of stretching myself. I'm sorry it's a long one, I hope people won't find it too boring, but I wanted to be as specific about things as possible

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Amanda Palmer - Courtney Cox
Rynar Lambert - Stephen Moyer
Bellic Chanos - Vin Diesel
T'Natra - Gal Gadot
Elyse Fisher - Emily Blunt
T'Pan - Joan Stuart Morris
Brandon Mayer - Jason Lewis
Meliden Bowen - Eve Myles
Howard Stark - John Slattery

Last edited by marcusdkane; 02-07-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Lieutenant
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Fantastic entries, everyone I have to admit, I very nearly called a pass on this one, for the simple reason that even if transported back in time as described, Captain Palmer would immediately attempt to return to her own timeframe with no interaction with the planet at all. In the end, it was entries from others which made me decide to take on the challenge, as a way of stretching myself. I'm sorry it's a long one, I hope people won't find it too boring, but I wanted to be as specific about things as possible

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Amanda Palmer - Courtney Cox
Rynar Lambert - Stephen Moyer
Bellic Chanos - Vin Diesel
T'Natra - Gal Gadot
Elyse Fisher - Emily Blunt
T'Pan - Joan Stuart Morris
Brandon Mayer - Jason Lewis
Meliden Bowen - Eve Myles
Howard Stark - John Slattery
Very fun entry--and I noticed a bit of an Iron Man shout-out.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 25
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Very fun entry--and I noticed a bit of an Iron Man shout-out.
Thanks I figured if anyone in the 60s would have been able to manufacture Starfleet-spec equipment, it would be Tony's dad, even if he couldn't keep off the sauce
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Thanks I figured if anyone in the 60s would have been able to manufacture Starfleet-spec equipment, it would be Tony's dad, even if he couldn't keep off the sauce
LOL
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
cmdrscarlet : I don't see any restriction on the challenge stating that it can't be their past but our future. Fiction it may be, but I think it would be doable.

Star Trek did that once with the fictional Bell Riots, on DS9.
I was thinking about the DS9 Bell Riots too. That was a pretty good episode. (Then again, there were a lot of really good episodes on DS9.)
Survivor of Remus
# 28
02-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok, I added a new entry. This time I had the time to make it a longer-format. Hoo-rays.

EDIT: Fixed some minor spelling and continuity errors.

EDIT+: Here's a cast list--

Shanda: That cute, approachable girl you never were able to get around to asking out
Piper: A bearded jumberjack, but blue and sciencey.
Tarayl: Manic Pixie Nightmare Girl.
Khas: That thing from under your shoe.
Kathy Hulu: Micky Rourke.

Last edited by squatsauce; 02-07-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Captain
# 29
02-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Fantastic entries, everyone I have to admit, I very nearly called a pass on this one, for the simple reason that even if transported back in time as described, Captain Palmer would immediately attempt to return to her own timeframe with no interaction with the planet at all, and I'm not a fan of 'time travel without an objective'...
You and I seem to have run into opposite issues with our entries. You had to figure out how to expand yours--and I had to figure out just how pared-down and minimalist my entry could be, in order to achieve my objectives and do honor to those in the time period traveled to.

Quote:
In the end, it was entries from others which made me decide to take on the challenge, as a way of stretching myself. I'm sorry it's a long one, I hope people won't find it too boring, but I wanted to be as specific about things as possible
I liked your entry.

Just one question...if I recall, Meliden is a Cardassian who was adopted by human parents. Do you think her parents would be upset, if she chooses not to reverse the procedure? :-/
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyn2 View Post
Have you read my captain's log yet?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11&postcount=7
First, welcome to the literary challenges. Keep doing them.

Wow. Your choice of President is scary! Thankfully the Constitution requires the President to be at least 35 years old, so we have a while until this future occurs.

One suggestion - add some more descriptive language next time (either to the environment or insights into the characters' feelings). Your story is almost entirely dialogue. I have the same tendency also.

Feel free to poke at my story. I wrote it in one sitting so there is room for improvement.