Lt. Commander
# 1 vesta consoles
02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
could we use with 9 console ships the vesta consoles . i can see why odyssey consoles are unique but i would like to see these consoles on star cruisers
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-07-2013, 04:01 PM
No.

requisite second line
Commander
# 3
02-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Agreed, the vesta consoles are pretty good as is. Limiting them to the vesta line is the only real way to keep them balanced.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Captain
# 4
02-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Agreed, the vesta consoles are pretty good as is. Limiting them to the vesta line is the only real way to keep them balanced.
make the set bonuses so that they only apply on the vesta. there, problem solved. those consoles are not that great, that you cant share them, the only really good thing about them, is the set bonus. make that uniqe to the vesta, and problem solved
Career Officer
# 5
02-10-2013, 10:27 AM
They can have my consoles, I actually don't use any of them on my Vesta
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 6
02-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
make the set bonuses so that they only apply on the vesta. there, problem solved. those consoles are not that great, that you cant share them, the only really good thing about them, is the set bonus. make that uniqe to the vesta, and problem solved
If the consoles "arnt that great" why would you want them on other ships?

Btw, each console is amazing in its own way, a 12 second phaser lance that can do up to 3k per second? Yes please!

An aoe heal that heals shields and hull of everything around me? Yes please!

An immunity to any push/hold/ warp plasma (dot still applies) that also pushes and does kinetic damage to anything that shoots you? Yes please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 7
02-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
If the consoles "arnt that great" why would you want them on other ships?

Btw, each console is amazing in its own way, a 12 second phaser lance that can do up to 3k per second? Yes please!

An aoe heal that heals shields and hull of everything around me? Yes please!

An immunity to any push/hold/ warp plasma (dot still applies) that also pushes and does kinetic damage to anything that shoots you? Yes please!
I would not want them on other ships. but others might, and I would not disagree. they are not bad consoles, they are just not as useful as others, but I see the appeal. without the set bonus they would be good on other ships, and the vesta could keep somthing to herself too.
Commander
# 8
02-10-2013, 11:31 PM
The thought of a bug ship with the vesta's quantum focus. I mean you can make the vesta every 4 ~ 5 minutes match a bugships alpha with it so if you then go and throw it on a bug ship you well basically get a OMFGBBQ alpha.
Captain
# 9
02-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
The thought of a bug ship with the vesta's quantum focus. I mean you can make the vesta every 4 ~ 5 minutes match a bugships alpha with it so if you then go and throw it on a bug ship you well basically get a OMFGBBQ alpha.
the only place where this could cause any problems is PVP. but srsly, who play PVP? them hipsters I tell you, them playing the PVP, noone else