Captain
# 61
02-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Interesting glitch with scrambles and doffs.....
Timers don't even reset after game has finished under certain circumstances

See 38 in post 2
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Lieutenant
# 62
02-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Any news on beams?
Captain
# 63
02-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Power: Nadeon Detonator

Issue: Does not apply to Breen 'Rapid Reload' Transphasic Launcher, despite being a of a 'standard torpedo type'.

Profession: Engineer

Issue: Powers don't level up to/synergize well enough compared to other professions. Engineer is flown on the merit that it has the least to lose in certain ships (ie: Cruisers) compared to eng and tac professions.

And by 'least to lose' we mean 'doesn't have much to begin with, so you aren't wasting your potential... because you have no potential'

Powers: All Powers (although specifically, all non-targetting self-buff or team buff powers)

Issue: Inability to set powers to autocast/autoactivate gives unfair advantage to users with gaming keyboards/mice that allow the setting of macros to auto-activate their powers.

Solution: Allow for powers to be set to auto-fire like ship weapons can be, leveling the playing field.

Last edited by illcadia; 02-07-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Captain
# 64
02-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctos1717 View Post
Any news on beams?
Not yet....
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Cryptic Studios Team
# 65
02-07-2013, 07:29 PM
I was able to take some time today to go over this list, and figured I could offer some quick updates.

Items that are not listed below are either not currently under review, or we have no productive feedback to offer at this time.

"Under review" only means that - we are planning to review the referenced power/mechanic within the next month or two. This is not a promise of a fix, change, or further information. Our review may, in fact, lead us to conclude that the referenced item is working as intended.

Quote:
02. Item: Tachyon Mines
Issue: Seem to be too powerful at stripping shields and hampering shield repair / regen
Under review.

Quote:
03. Ability: Crits
Issue: If you get 1 mine to crit, they all crit I.e. Breen cluster torp and tricobalt mines with dispersal patterns.
This is a bug central to our Combat Evaluation code, and affects far more than just Mines. It requires Software assistance, which has been requested. Further updates are out of the hands of the Systems team.

Quote:
04. Weapon: Antiproton
Issue: All other weapons have [ACC]X3 why not antiproton?
[Acc]x3 Antiproton weaponry does exist, but is not currently available in-game. In fact, no Antiproton weaponry drops at all, and is only available from Vendors.

It should be a simple matter to add it. However, the philosophical question of "should we" is still unanswered. Currently, we agree that Accuracy is a better weapon enhancement than Dmg or Crit in almost every possible circumstance, and it's a good idea to attempt to address this discrepancy before reinforcing it with new weapons that capitalize upon it.

Quote:
05. Weapon: Phaser
Issue: Has the best PvP orientated proc and makes the other procs seem inferior
This was altered once before to include a target-based immunity period. We feel this is sufficient for the time being, and that opinions of the relative power of Phasers, compared to other Energy Weapon Procs, are largely based on learned biases from the powers' original state. Phasers also benefit from being the most dramatic weapon proc in the game, causing a level of confirmation bias among players looking for a reason to dislike its current state.

That said, this isn't a wholesale dismissal of the complaint. Further changes are, however, unlikely to happen over any short-term period.

Quote:
06. Ability: Aceton Beam
Issue: cool down too long to be a valid ability in PvP
Under review.

Quote:
08. Bridge Officer: Human Bridge Officer
Issue: Multiple human bridge officers seem too effective compared to other bridge officers
Under review.

Quote:
09. Item: Aceton assimilator
Issue: Too many copies of it can be deployed on a map leading to an unfair advantage
Under review.

Quote:
12. Item: Siphon Drone
Issue: Leaves target completely drained of all energy and totally defenceless
Are these complaints based on recent play experience? The functionality of Siphon Drones' drain was drastically altered a few months ago.

Quote:
13. Ability: Charged Particle Burst
Issue: No longer a viable offensive sci ability due to super resistances
Under review.

Quote:
14. Ability: Photonic Shockwave
Issue: No longer a viable science based kinetic damage solution based on the "fix" it had
Under review.

Quote:
15. Ability: Tachyon Beam
Issue: No longer a viable offensive sci ability due to super resistances
Under review.

Quote:
16. Doff: Sub Nucleonic DOFF
Issue: Still feels too overpowered
Not likely to be changed from its current state. Its relative value in combat scenarios is felt to be more-or-less on par with other professions' Captain Powers, such as Attack Pattern Alpha, Go Down Fighting, Miracle Worker and Rotate Shield Frequencies.

Quote:
21. Profession: Engineers
Issue: Lack of profession specific abilities which are castable on team mates (MW and RSF)
Under review.

Quote:
24. Ability: Mask Energy Signature
Issue: I can't think of a use for this in any part of the game. The cloak's low value can be seen even by NPCs from far off
Under review.

Quote:
25. Ability: Photonic Officer
Issue: Woefully underpeforming compared to advertised rates, long cool down. The ability seems to scale very little between tiers
Under review. Likely to be completely re-designed.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 66
02-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Oh, there was more.

PART DEUX!

Quote:
27. Effect: Cooldown Recharge Debuff (e.g. SNB, Temporal Inversion Field)
Issue: The cooldown debuff also affects DHC cooldowns. (But it doesn't affect beams iirc.)
Under review.

Quote:
29. PVP Arena: Ships glitch into ceiling
Issue: On use of jump console, ships get glitched in ceiling and cant move
I hadn't heard this one before. Is it only when using Subspace Jump?

Quote:
31. Weapon: Tricobalt
Issue: Torpedo does friendly damage, mine doesn't
Under review.

Quote:
32. Boffs / Gear / Reputation: Various things
Issue: There are many shipclass-agnostic things that provide a huge amount of innate resists and regeneration (both hull and shields) to any ship that equips them which completely negate pressure damage and lead to a situation where the only kills in a premade vs premade situation are super spike kills from 100% to 0% health that happen with tons of tac buffs and multiple subnukes in a timeframe of just a couple of seconds. This invalidates any damage-dealing builds that are not based on SNB or massive spike damage
This sounds like a complaint that is exclusive to 1v1 scenarios, and PvP is not and cannot be effectively balanced around duels when we have 5v5 (or more) arenas as the standard match. If you are in a team environment, the combined damage of coordination is likely to outstrip an enemy's ability to counter.

Teamwork is OP, but we have to assume that everybody uses it.

Quote:
33. Ensign Space Abilities: Tactical Team 1, Polarized Hull 1, Tractor Beam 1, EPT Aux 1,EPT Engines 1
Issue: Listed powers all provide enough of a buff at an Ensign slot invalidating higher tier versions
Under review.

Quote:
34. Ability: Nadion Inversion
Issue: Becomes disabled when weapons go offline. Seems underpowered based on in game description
First I'd heard of this. Under review.

Quote:
36. Item/Power: Vent Theta Radiation
Issue: Even if Hazard emitters is applied to clear the effect, your crew will still die and never recover until you are removed from combat. This renders both the skill Subsystem Repair, and the power Boarding Party useless
Under review.

Quote:
37. Ability: Item/Power: Anti-matter Spread
Issue: Regardless to the amount of points placed in Sensors, the Jam Effect will remain for the full duration, even if the Scramble clears much sooner
Under review.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...

Last edited by borticuscryptic; 02-07-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 67
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Not likely to be changed from its current state. Its relative value in combat scenarios is felt to be more-or-less on par with other professions' Captain Powers, such as Attack Pattern Alpha, Go Down Fighting, Miracle Worker and Rotate Shield Frequencies.
The question was about the Doff, but it sounds like you're talking about the captain ability.
Captain
# 68
02-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Not to push you too hard Bort, but I really recommend taking a look at #38. There appears to be no real cap on CD debuffing via the various DOffs and timeship powers, leaving a lot of room for potential abuse, and the way they interact with each other seems very glitchy and unlikely to be working as intended.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 69
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I think that the b'rel Enhanced Battle Cloak should be added to this list because its a very very bad pro vs con of using it since there are multiple abilities that can decloak a ship and on top of that the only real viable torpedo to use is the plasma ones but in pvp and to a lesser extent but not far off is pve where the cons of using it as a torpedo boat outweigh the actual usage of it.

Many have stated because you have no shields especially in PvP since most ppl would be using this for plasma you can pretty much use Hazard Emitters and make yourself immune to this ships main attraction/ability. I understand the concept of certain skills for instance like viral matrix decloaking the ship but even if you tried using transphasics the torpedo is so low on damage you would be virtually decloaked forever trying to kill something with them. Plus the fleet version is a Tier 5 shipyard which takes billions upon billions of EC worth just to be able to buy it and then not really useful and you'd have to use it like any other bop which to me and no offense is redundant to even purchase something that really isn't an upgrade.

My proposed solution is if you own the regular B'rel offer some kind of green rarity torpedo for EC in the shipyard on Qo'nos, then a Blue rarity torpedo in the D-store, and then if you own a Fleet B'rel a very rare torpedo in the D-store that benefits the ship in able to use something like these 2 versions of the b'rel for the intended version of the ship from the franchise. Another suggestion is making it work as it does with skills that currently decloak it fully for the 2-3 seconds but if it is fireing torpedoes or mines to give it a flash of the color of the torpedo its using. From both sides of the fence according to uses of the KDF for the ship and then the federation side they have a c-store console to decloak ships this would actually put value in that console for pvp not to mention the decloaking abilities but KDF Generals on the most part from personal experience and hearing other KDF players who want to use this ship its just unbalanced for us to use them in PvP much less it being a Tier 5 shipyard ship if its not going to be changed at all I would basically suggest taking it down to a tier 1 or tier 3 shipyard.

Edit: Oh as far as "data" with this is like driving along a bridge over a river and then realizing the middle of it is gone as you plummet down to the bottom of the river. In a nutshell though I believe the B'rel should be made something at a middle ground ship that you have to use tactics to make it a decent torpedo boat but not some i win just by spamming attack keybinds. As it is right now pvp or pve how ever you look at it is not where it should be.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 02-07-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Captain
# 70
02-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
The question was about the Doff, but it sounds like you're talking about the captain ability.
right,

unless he intends to mean that a single duty officer ability should be equal to a captain ability. in which case i think he seriously needs to relook at the game and tell us to our faces that, that is a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?