Captain
# 11
02-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
it's not that useful, I admit, but it'd be relatively easy for the devs to implement and add some more variety. But yeah it'd be a matter of going left at a turn in the hallway instead fo right.
Well yes but space maps and ground maps could be mirrored too. I just think it would help prevent having every foundry mission look the same once you add custom props and assets and if the maps were mirrored it would make it harder to get that been there done that kind of feeling. In short it would give them more mileage.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 12
02-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Because so many of the maps are just kinda "rooms and halls in space" I don't see a whole lot of benefit to mirrored versions. After all what orientation everything is in is relative to what way the player is facing. A mirrored version would be experienced almost the same as the version we have now.

If it were my choice, I'd like to the devs to spend whatever time they devote to the Foundry on adding the maps they have that aren't in the Foundry and more custom-building assets. I went to the Captain's Table the other day for the first time (I haven't been a lifer very long) and there's all kids of walls and consoles and such there that I'd love to have at my disposal. Same with the player starbases. I specifically asked Tacofangs if those would be added to the Foundry and he said yes... but it hasn't happened.

That said, if we were to get a system where we could mix and match those hallways and rooms into new layouts, I'd love that
This is my opinion, too. There are better things for the devs to devote their time to. For one thing, making it so that we have more wall/floor/ceiling pieces for custom interiors, and a better way of lighting them. That would do a lot more for variety than having mirrored copies of maps.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 13
02-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
This is my opinion, too. There are better things for the devs to devote their time to. For one thing, making it so that we have more wall/floor/ceiling pieces for custom interiors, and a better way of lighting them. That would do a lot more for variety than having mirrored copies of maps.
I see your point, most of the interior maps are poorly laid out. Ideally we need more and better interior maps. Better building pieces for custom maps would help too but I would rather have good pre-made maps. I still think mirroring maps (once again including space and ground) would be worthwhile if it was an easy and quick process to implement.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 14
02-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
To be fair there is alot of maps already and it isn't that hard to make up your own system! It's the simpilist map out of the three types.

However I would like to see more Doorways on the Galactic Map. Such as 'Whole Map' Options. Enter via Delta Volanis Cluster and etc. Perhaps have a few Transwarp Gateways doted around that you can use as a 'Doorway to unexplored space'!?
I have had a hiccup with my current project because I cannot use a transwarp gate as a doorway. my first map is a deep space observatory and I didn't want the player to have to travel to a distant star sytem to start the mission.