Ensign
What says on the tin bascially.

I like the look of the ship, and I was wondering what character would be best suited to make something useful out of one
Career Officer
# 2
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblades2 View Post
What says on the tin bascially.

I like the look of the ship, and I was wondering what character would be best suited to make something useful out of one
I use a tactical character with this ship. That is mainly because that one has the bug ship so I can use the attack ships with it.

I find its survivability with the M.A.C.O. set or adapted set fine for PvE. I use a high end RCS console with it as it is very sluggish like most Dread's. I also use the hyper- plasma torps.

I wanted it for my eng character at first, but the bug requirement decided it for me. I would be interested to know how it performs with eng.
Captain
# 3
02-10-2013, 09:00 AM
For PvE? As pretty much all PvE is a DPS race I'd recommend a tactical captain easily. The Dread should be more then tanky enough to survive almost anything if well built.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Captain
# 4
02-11-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm going to be using it with my Tac. 4 Tac consoles, Cmdr/Lt. Tac Boffs, +10 weapons, sturdier pets and the ability to mount dhcs turns it into a nice, offensive ship. Turn-rate might be a bit crappy, but there isn't much need to change facings in PvE anyways.

If I'd want to fly a Sci or Eng carrier, I'd go for the Atrox/Fleet Vo'Quv or Recluse. Better abilities, boff & console setup and bonus power for those professions on them, than on the Dreadnaught.
Rihannsu
# 5
02-18-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm using a Sci for SubNuc, and have yet to regret this decision.
Captain
# 6
02-19-2013, 02:38 AM
I've been using mine with an Engineer captain and honestly it tanks like the tankiest cruisers. I may not have APA but I have APO3 and that's good enough for me.
Ensign
# 7
02-22-2013, 02:44 AM
I have jem dread with my tac, a romulan plasma beam array build with maco mk xii and the romulan plasma torpedo, and works perfectly. I'm even happy with the advanced jem'hadar fighters, as they spawn very quickly, so i can get aggro and hold the most powerful enemies as if i would be on a cruiser.

P.D. no rcs consoles, of course. a dread is not made to turn, but to resist. no need to turn more than the innate turn rate (a bit more than 9)
Captain
# 8
02-22-2013, 03:40 AM
A suggestion concerning which set to use with the Dread: I hihly recommend the Adapted MACO/ Honour Guard set for the crew resist, torpedo damage bonus, and the mask energy field that cloaks allies. It's quite effective to have all your hyper plasma torpedos and fighters safely cloaked while they attack a target.
Career Officer
# 9
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
It's hard to see how the Dreadnought carrier could tank as well as an Odyssey.

You have at most 5 Eng abilities + 1 Sci, or 3 Eng abilities + 3 Sci.

If I were trying to tank, I would probably prefer the 5+1, which seems tough, but not exactly tanky.

I have enough Lobi and was thinking about getting one for my tank-spec'ed Engineer captain, but it just doesn't seem nearly as good as the Ody she's flying now with Aux2SIF3, two EptSh3, and various other goodies.

Fairly convinced that the Recluse would be a better tank, but there the lack of Tac seating (only 1 Ens, if you want a Eng Commander) seems problematic.