Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 71
02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Star Wars does have the better captain.

With a blaster at his side and a smile twelve parsecs wide.

Countdown until inevitable BLASPHEMY! post.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 72
02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Star Wars does have the better captain.

With a blaster at his side and a smile twelve parsecs wide.

Countdown until inevitable BLASPHEMY! post.
Gilad Pellaeon?

Empire Veteran
# 73
02-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Star Wars don't have formidable enemy like borg.

In Star Trek, humans united with borgs against Undine. Now if I am correct, you don't see this kind of political move in Star Wars. So in short, Star Wars is for simple minded people who tend to see world (or galaxy) as black and white
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 74
02-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Wanna bet? Disney brought Lucas Studios. Sounds like Borg tactics to me.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Empire Veteran
# 75
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Wanna bet? Disney brought Lucas Studios. Sounds like Borg tactics to me.
After this argument, I have no other choice except to surrender
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
# 76
02-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post

In Star Trek, humans united with borgs against Undine. Now if I am correct, you don't see this kind of political move in Star Wars. So in short, Star Wars is for simple minded people who tend to see world (or galaxy) as black and white
No formidable enemies? How about the Yuuzhan Vong, a species responsible for nearly 365 trillion sentient deaths, who led such a successful invasion of the galaxy they even managed to capture Coruscant.

As for not seeing political action is Star Wars, the New Republic (who formed from the Rebel Alliance) ended the war with the Imperial Remnant (the remains of the Galactic Empire).
If you want black and white, just look at Picard. Every time there's a moral decision to make, he'll ALWAYS go for the politically correct option instead of what may be the better choice for the galaxy/situation as a whole (that's probably a result of the wrong side winning the Eugenics Wars, but that's another debate entirely ).

Star Trek (or at least The UFP) is mostly a happy-clappy universe where as long as you act with the right intentions everything will work out in the end. Star Wars is simply a lot more dramatically involving, with betrayals, deaths of main characters, peace treaties, breaking of peace treaties, and most importantly, storylines where the good guys don't always win in the end.
Captain
# 77
02-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
It does not matter what's better

Listen to George Takei when it comes to Star Wars Vs. Star Trek....you know he's right. Oh my.

The Horror The Horror...
I would so go to see that Blade sequel, Takei would make an excellent replacement for Whistler!

That aside, he is right. Our great enemy gains while we squabble among ourselves. We must end the madness!
Commander
# 78
02-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
I actually liked Space 1999 too. I have the first season on DVD. Insane premise, (moon blown out of orbit by a nuclear explosion) but I thought it was a good show, at least the first season.
Best part of Season 2 was Maya and I remember having an intense crush on her at the time.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 79
02-08-2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodatapiocard View Post
but that dose'nt mean that people can't like star wars better.
I don't.
No really my point was you arguments against SW didn't make sense.

Star Trek to me is Science Fiction. Star Wars is Fantasy...in space.

The ships, weapons, planets etc in SW are meant to be a device to expand the tale, in ST they are integral to the story and to it's sci-fi setting.

I love them both but in different ways.

Besides Doctor Who blows both out the water

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
# 80
02-08-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
In my mind, the only thing that gives Star Trek an edge over Star Wars is that there is no Jar Jar Binks in Star Trek.
THIS.

also, medical care in Star wars seems to suck HARDCORE. a robot telling a bunch of guys that their princess just lost the will to live or some bull**** like that... they just clearly let her die with no good reason... they barely did anything at all for the heavy larynx damage caused by Vader's force choke.

Now, even in the absence of visible external trauma, no medical attendant is going to ever miss the signs of acute laryngeal or bronchial obstruction - the patient turns blue. And the cure is simple to effect requiring nothing more complicated than a shape blade, a bic biro pen (or some similar tube) and steady nerves. And, I don't care how heart broken she was after losing Anakin to the dark side, no otherwise healthy young woman can just will herself dead.

Then there's the fact that Vader's face got horribly disfigured and he seemed to need some sort of life support 24/7... in order to need that famous helm and outfit that he is so well-known for now.

Star trek's medical technology would had solved both those issues in seconds... while star wars seems to only go with the barest minimum before giving up completely.

So yeah, Star Wars have awesome robots and ****.... but they don't seem to care much about healthcare and all that jazz.

so Star Trek wins in that respect.