Starfleet Veteran
Career Officer
# 2
02-08-2013, 04:36 AM
This is mostly a question about Blu-Ray in general.

Is it really worth it to spend all that extra money for a slightly better picture? This is a serious question.

I haven't seen anything that would make it worth getting rid of my traditional DVD's and moving to a higher priced media that as far as I can tell is only incrementally better.

Porthos is not amused.
Republic Veteran
# 3
02-08-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
This is mostly a question about Blu-Ray in general.

Is it really worth it to spend all that extra money for a slightly better picture? This is a serious question.

I haven't seen anything that would make it worth getting rid of my traditional DVD's and moving to a higher priced media that as far as I can tell is only incrementally better.
Depends on if you have an HDTV. If you have a Blu-Ray player hooked to an HDTV via HDMI, the picture and sound quality is much better. Just my opinion.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-08-2013, 05:07 AM
Yes, I'll be getting it when it comes out on Amazon UK.

I have all the blurays of star trek so far

1. TNG Movie Collection Bluray
2. TMP Movie Collection Bluray
3. TNG S1 & 2 Bluray (Waiting for S3)
4. Waiting for Enterprise
5. Star Trek The Captain's Summit.

I am a mad geek when it comes to star trek and espeically a big fan of bluray
Career Officer
# 5
02-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Depends on if you have an HDTV. If you have a Blu-Ray player hooked to an HDTV via HDMI, the picture and sound quality is much better. Just my opinion.
I think thats his point...

Raise the question: "Will your expirience, your excitement be better with the picture?"
A question quite commonly asked in gaming as well, and personally, I think that a better picture dosen't nessacarily mean a better expirience.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 6
02-08-2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I think thats his point...

Raise the question: "Will your expirience, your excitement be better with the picture?"
A question quite commonly asked in gaming as well, and personally, I think that a better picture dosen't nessacarily mean a better expirience.
This is pretty much my thought/concern. My overall entertainment experience is not noticeably improved if I can now make out someone's nose hairs, especially if I have to pay more for the privilege. The only time I've ever really been able to tell a difference between the two formats is in the store where they are hawking Blu-Ray and have the two formats side by side.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 7
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Buying them shows cbs that there is consumer demand for these shows, look at Futurama it was cancelled and due to outstanding success on dvd it is now on the air again.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR