Career Officer
Can you please make Duty Officer listings on the exchange faction specific? There is no need for me to scroll through 400 listings of duty officers and see klingon faction listings if I am a fed or vice versa!

The reason I right this is because I was looking for a duty officer with specific traits, got all excited when I found one, bought it for 1.5 million credits, and then realized after it was the wrong faction.

Can't be that hard to put that in the search engine.
Community Moderator
# 2 Moved Thread
01-30-2013, 07:34 AM
FYI, this thread has been moved to the DO system sub-forum to improve feedback.

Granted this is probably more of a UI issue, but since it's DOFF specific I moved it here so that the Devs responsible for the DOFF system can see the feedback.

Though this is not the first time this has been mentioned and there are likely technical hurdles getting in the way of implementing such a thing.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Rihannsu
# 3
01-30-2013, 07:40 AM
I want to sign on for this idea. Overall many lil tweaks need to be done to the exchange in general, but this would be one i would consider big.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
Career Officer
# 4
01-30-2013, 07:54 AM
I agree... This is also an issue for the BO's. Wasn't there talk about a total rework of the exchange? This would be a obvious good time to fix this.

BTW, should'n this be in the UI Section? Seems misplaced here, as it is a UI issue, rather than a actual DuOff thing.

EDIT: Oh... it was moved... Interesting. Still seems misplaced.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports

Last edited by anazonda; 01-30-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Saw a mod post too late.
Career Officer
# 5
01-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I agree... This is also an issue for the BO's. Wasn't there talk about a total rework of the exchange? This would be a obvious good time to fix this.
As stated here, such a request needs to be for Bridge Officers as well as Duty Officers. It's irritating having to scroll through so many KDF Bridge Officers when looking for a FED one.
Community Moderator
# 6 Moved Thread... Again
01-30-2013, 09:11 AM
You guys have convinced me that BO's should also benefit, so I've relocated the thread to the UI subforum.

As a side-benefit, there is now a redirect in the DO subforum.

Cheers!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lieutenant
# 7
01-31-2013, 11:24 AM
People have been complaining about this for a long time and nothing has been done about it.

I remember it being stated that "it's not an easy fix". But, considering the way they recently changed the Exchange to seperate DOFF's by department, I really don't see what could possibly make it anything but an easy fix. It should be a rather simple filter. KDF/FED. I'm not sure why this would be any more complicated than Rank filtering.
Career Officer
# 8
02-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Nothing will happen, because the dev team doesn't have the database and systems design expertise to code a decent Exchange. It is just that simple.
Career Officer
# 9
02-08-2013, 06:56 AM
This is long over due. Its been awhile but nothing sucks worse than buying a doff only to find out it is for the wrong faction.

DEVs fix this please.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draugadan View Post
This is long over due. Its been awhile but nothing sucks worse than buying a doff only to find out it is for the wrong faction.

DEVs fix this please.
Happens all the time, even to experienced players