Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 291
02-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Has there been any thought to update the rewards for the existing story line missions? While the content is first rate, replaying a mission for an alt is much less rewarding.

Any change of a preview for the ability mentioned? Possibly a guess at the scheduling?

Will the crafting update just be for crafting or is there a chance that the entire item system could be looked at or updated?
Survivor of Romulus
# 292
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Has there been any discussion of allowing collaboration between the Foundry and other game systems. For instance, allowing Foundry authors to create PvP maps (for private matches, not queues), allowing authors to create STF or fleet action-like group content, or allowing authors to create social maps with higher population limits geared toward role playing.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Survivor of Remus
# 293
02-08-2013, 08:34 AM
"Beneath the Raptor's wings" has set peoples hope high on getting a playable Romulan faction in May,my question is...are we getting a playable Romulan faction in May?

With the Veteran rewards given to players with a lifetime sub,the monthly sub has lost a lot of its appeal.Would you consider adding new 'perks' that are awarded on actual time subscribed,things like an increase in the monthly Zen stipend and a raise in the daily Dilithium refinement cap?
Career Officer
# 294 Lifetime Subscribers
02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Will there be any additional upcoming benefits for the life time subscribers? I thought i read something a while back about neverwinter. Also any plans for a captains table revamp?

Any further word on the Account currency being expanded from just ec? Maybe GPL, Lobi, or Dilithium?
Empire Veteran
# 295
02-08-2013, 09:50 AM
What happened to the D'Gavama (sp?) bird of prey? I have the screenshot I took when it was released by accident on Tribble oh so long ago but it is still not available. In fact, with just a few changes, it would make a nice Romulan ship...
Empire Veteran
# 296
02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Are you ever planing on fixing the omega rep customer unlocks for KDF? Both Honor guard and omega uniforms. I gotten to teir 5 omega rep. I got the Mark XII gear, I done the Customer unlock missions.
Rihannsu
# 297
02-08-2013, 10:14 AM
[quote=drogyn1701;7957441]Has there been any discussion of allowing collaboration between the Foundry and other game systems. For instance, allowing Foundry authors to create PvP maps (for private matches, not queues),[quote]WANT!
Quote:
allowing authors to create STF or fleet action-like group content,
How would this be different? A comabt mission with a higher pop limit?
Quote:
or allowing authors to create social maps with higher population limits geared toward role playing.
Oooh.... I like this! Especially if there is only one instance until that instance fills up! No teaming, no tricks, anyone who enters comes to the same map as everyone else who enters.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 298
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Have any plans been made regarding leftover autographed Q pictures? Will these be utilized in the future, or be abale to be turned in for something?
Captain
# 299
02-08-2013, 10:34 AM
I have a question:

"Star Trek: Online" may have an impressive two million captains; however, how many people are actually paying into the system? How many players are using multiple accounts? How many of those players are active? How many avatars does one player have per account? How many players have left? Did Cryptic come up with the captains number by adding up avatars, players, or accounts? If multiple players have multiple accounts with multiple captains, the number Cryptic came up with is seriously flawed.

Does the word captain mean player?
Does the word captain mean avatar?
Does the word captain mean account?

While the two million captains number looks impressive, the truth behind it may tell a different story. During my experiences with "Star Trek: Online", the majority of the players I have met own more than one account. I also know many people who have left. Unless we have some sort of context, the numbers Cryptic is showing are meaningless.

500,000 (players) x 4 (avatars each) = 2,000,000 (captains)
250,000 (players) x 8 (avatars each) = 2,000,000 (captains)

Where did the two million captains number come from?
Players, avatars, or accounts?

Reference: Anniversary Infographic

Last edited by linyive; 02-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Ensign
# 300
02-08-2013, 10:44 AM
It has been mentioned that more ships are on the the way. How many are Fleet ships? How many are for the rest of us?
Closed Thread