Career Officer
We need a tatical heavy Intrepid class starship

3 tatical bridge officer statons, 1 engineering station, 1 science station.
4 tatical consoles, 2 engineering consoles, 2 science consoles.
4 weapons forward, 3 aft

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Warship_Voyager

It shoudl be easy to put into the game. almost all models are made already - Rattraps123

Please leave your comments below.
Captain
# 2
02-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattraps123 View Post

4 weapons forward, 3 aft

It shoudl be easy to put into the game. almost all models are made already - Rattraps123

*cough*
*stares at my signature*

Anywho, the ship in question was a incorrect historical representation which hasn't been created yet, wait until the ingame calender is a few thousand years forward... then maybe :p
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-08-2013, 11:12 AM
I would be happy to see a tactical version of the Galaxy-X as opposed to the bloated cow that currently wears its skin.
Lieutenant
# 4
02-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
*cough*
*stares at my signature*

Anywho, the ship in question was a incorrect historical representation which hasn't been created yet, wait until the ingame calender is a few thousand years forward... then maybe :p
so how do you explain the Galaxy X being in this game? its from a future that never happened.

not to mention the countless number of 70+ year old ships flying around (ambassador, excelcior, D'Kyr to name a few)...

just cause it wasn't a "real ship" doesn't mean it wont show up in the game
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
Ensign
# 5
02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
It's pretty much already in game, it's called the vesta class... look at the stats on the tac version.
Captain
# 6
02-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
so how do you explain the Galaxy X being in this game? its from a future that never happened.
The difference being that the Gal-X was from a possible future, not a mis-remembered (IE: it didn't happen) past. And if you hadn't noticed, STO is set *after* the "future" timeframe of All Good Things. The Gal-X may very well have been built.

Last edited by stirling191; 02-08-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 7
02-08-2013, 12:18 PM
That was a fun episode! I think this is a cool idea.

What would make it cooler is if this wasn't just another science ship at all.

I think it should be primarily be a Destroyer with a science-y spin. For example: grab the stats from the Chimera ( http://www.stowiki.org/Chimera_Heavy_Destroyer ) and swap the sci/eng stations/consoles.

I bet there are some fun ideas for the Z-store/lockbox console in the episode. I'd have to rewatch it.

The main challenge would probably be to imagine up a KDF counterpart so they don't cry foul.

Edit: Actually, the other challenge would be to make up a believable story for this ship. Mirror universe ships and Timeships are "real" in the STO universe, but Warship Voyager was merely a perversion of history. If the writers find a credible way to get around this, I'd consider it a stroke of creative genius.

Last edited by corgatag; 02-08-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Lieutenant
# 8
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The difference being that the Gal-X was from a possible future, not a mis-remembered (IE: it didn't happen) past. And if you hadn't noticed, STO is set *after* the "future" timeframe of All Good Things. The Gal-X may very well have been built.

see red quoted text.

but you're right, im sure starfleet went and spent tons of resources and time to develop an upgrade to a ship class that was outmatched in every category by the Sovereign.

and they said "F the treaty" and built them with cloaking devices...
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
Career Officer
# 9
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattraps123 View Post

4 weapons forward, 3 aft

yeah not gonna happen.....move on please nothing to see here
Captain
# 10
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
see red quoted text.

but you're right, im sure starfleet went and spent tons of resources and time to develop an upgrade to a ship class that was outmatched in every category by the Sovereign.

and they said "F the treaty" and built them with cloaking devices...
Sure. I mean, it's not like there isn't a functioning Romulan Government, or plenty of other Federation ships that are equipped with cloaking devices. Nor is it at all true that STO game mechanics have absolutely no bearing on a ship's capabilities in actual Trek canon...