Lt. Commander
# 151
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I cant even log in with my new char, because of server not responding. Fix it tards
Captain
I know we have a lot of guests because of the Holidays (aniversary) but really? in the middle of all this we have a huge spike in launchers not connecting, game constantly giving the "waiting on server response" the red text counting how long it takes to not lag. this is quite litterally every 10 secons so, we get 10 seconds of smooth play, then STOP, 10 secons then STOP, its like a brake tapper.

unless you guys are fixing a huge myriad of problems right now and are about to implement the patch to fix said problems, please find a way to stabalize the server.
Ensign
# 153
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
I know we have a lot of guests because of the Holidays (aniversary) but really? in the middle of all this we have a huge spike in launchers not connecting, game constantly giving the "waiting on server response" the red text counting how long it takes to not lag. this is quite litterally every 10 secons so, we get 10 seconds of smooth play, then STOP, 10 secons then STOP, its like a brake tapper.

unless you guys are fixing a huge myriad of problems right now and are about to implement the patch to fix said problems, please find a way to stabalize the server.
This is the perfect description of the exact problem I am having. Amazing. I'm slightly comforted that it's just not me

BUT..

Let me point out it might not be their fault either. The blizzard could be messing something up in between our connections and their servers.
Captain
# 154
02-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayflan View Post
This is the perfect description of the exact problem I am having. Amazing. I'm slightly comforted that it's just not me

BUT..

Let me point out it might not be their fault either. The blizzard could be messing something up in between our connections and their servers.
damn blizzard, it might me it.

shortly after I made that thread (got moved here) I tested my connection, usually 5.40mbps it showed as 0.70 mbps for quite some time, now everything is back on the high track. so i sudgest you check your line by speedtest.net, or call your ISP usually they have a catchback auto system, something that can account for who is having problems by the calls reported. then they either divert energy from places with low connections to places with higher demand for it and fix the problem.

in other words, places with low internet demand get their surplus energy diverted to places with higher demand.

at least that is what ATT told me.
Empire Veteran
# 155
02-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm being kicked from the servers repetedly, after long "server not responding" messages. It's impossible to reconnect immediatly, the game is stuck at "connecting to account server", and then it times out and i'm logged out. When i can try to log in again after the character selection sceen, i get a new server not responding and then connection to game servers time out again...

My internet is perfectly working.

Last edited by diogene0; 02-08-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Ensign
# 156
02-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:

shortly after I made that thread (got moved here) I tested my connection, usually 5.40mbps it showed as 0.70 mbps for quite some time, now everything is back on the high track. so i sudgest you check your line by speedtest.net, or call your ISP usually they have a catchback auto system, something that can account for who is having problems by the calls reported. then they either divert energy from places with low connections to places with higher demand for it and fix the problem.

in other words, places with low internet demand get their surplus energy diverted to places with higher demand.

I'm at 2.6 mbps. Also clocked in at just under 4 on a couple of other tests on that website you provided. Connection is not the problem. Plus I did my ISP's speed test and it was fine there as well. I had no issues last night around 1 AM EST. Just today when I tried playing.
Lieutenant
# 157
02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:

Its not the blizzard. These problems have been affecting people for well over a week, long before the blizzard. It is either another router problem somewhere along that hasn't been discovered yet or there is something inherently wrong with whatever they patched for the aniversery. Either way, this isn't a problem on the users end.
Ensign
# 158
02-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Here's the reply I got via email. I'm pissed now. It's all of us, not them. Because that's logical. What clowns.

Subject
Massive lag issues

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Support Staff 48) 02/08/2013 11:05 AM
Hello,

There shouldn't be any server issues, and your tracert checks out just fine.

If you are still experiencing this problem, try the following.

Here are some possible suggestions:

Try flushing your DNS:

https://support.perfectworld.com/app...kw/flush%20dns

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.
Career Officer
# 159
02-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I think it really is the Internetz...

A couple of days ago, I couldn't stay in game for more then 10 minutes at a time.

Today, I've only been dumped once in the last 4 hours.

I still believe that it's the cogent.xx part of the east coast web that's the problem.

Not the Server...

Every time I see lag, my Tracert says it's timing out in Boston, not at Cryptics' end.
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...

Last edited by daveyny; 02-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Ensign
# 160
02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I think it really is the Internetz...

A couple of days ago, I couldn't stay in game for more then 10 minutes at a time.

Today, I've only been dumped once in the last 4 hours.

I still believe that it's the cogent.xx part of the east coast web that's the problem.

Not the Server...

Every time I see lag, my Tracert says it's timing out in Boston, not at Cryptic end.
Yeah, I guess that one tracert I did it didn't show, but cogent did have the big bad spike on mine as well. I just am pissed they automatically say it's our fault. Such BS.