Captain
# 21
02-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
Yes, there are ways (i.e. mods) to get "previews" of costumes that you aren't currently eligible to wear in the tailor. You can't actually select them to be worn outside the tailor, of course, but you can see how they look. As for how to go about doing this, well, it's probably not something to discuss on the official forums.
Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
How bizarre. I wonder why they aren't "released" yet. :/
Probably because Cryptic hasnt finished all parts of them... or they just want to lock them behind some sort of wall...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Cryptic usually includes the game data/assets for costumes (and other stuff) several patches in advance of when they are actually released. Ferasans were in the game data for weeks before they were officially playable, the C-store Combat EV Suits were included months in advance, etc. If this trend holds, we should see this "Bortasqu' Skirt" eventually available. Or is it already the Tier 3 Embassy costume unlock?
Captain
# 23
02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Cryptic usually includes the game data/assets for costumes (and other stuff) several patches in advance of when they are actually released. Ferasans were in the game data for weeks before they were officially playable, the C-store Combat EV Suits were included months in advance, etc. If this trend holds, we should see this "Bortasqu' Skirt" eventually available. Or is it already the Tier 3 Embassy costume unlock?
Todays Tribble Patch notes seem to ID the embassy unlock as Romulan Senate Robes.
Empire Veteran
# 24
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
i was wondering about this as well. no shoulder pads on the kdf uniform was a let down, didn't see a skirt option ether. some npcs at the base had those pads, why didn't i get them when i bought the uniform? theres tons of cool uniform stuff npcs can have that players cant already, especially kdf side. its frustrating, its soooo limited what there is to choose from over there.

is there 2, maybe 3 tiers of tailor unlocks? thats BS is the case.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 25
02-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i was wondering about this as well. no shoulder pads on the kdf uniform was a let down, didn't see a skirt option ether. some npcs at the base had those pads, why didn't i get them when i bought the uniform? theres tons of cool uniform stuff npcs can have that players cant already, especially kdf side. its frustrating, its soooo limited what there is to choose from over there.

is there 2, maybe 3 tiers of tailor unlocks? thats BS is the case.
Well, when I bought the Odyssey uniform, I did notice that it said Odyssey Uniform Basic or something very similar. So I can only imagine that there will be other tiers eventually...
Captain
# 26
02-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Well, when I bought the Odyssey uniform, I did notice that it said Odyssey Uniform Basic or something very similar. So I can only imagine that there will be other tiers eventually...
An odd decision, and one I don't see the logic behind. I could see it if they were making the Odysseys the new default, and simply making the Fleet unlock the extras. Now that would be nice.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that in the game data this "Bortasqu' Skirt" is also known as "Klingon fleet officer skirt", whatever that's supposed to mean...
Captain
# 28
02-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Oh, I forgot to mention that in the game data this "Bortasqu' Skirt" is also known as "Klingon fleet officer skirt", whatever that's supposed to mean...
Might be a classification of sorts. If it's the same item it probably doesn't mean anything. It could however, mean different tiers of uniform like what was already suggested.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 29
02-13-2013, 12:01 PM
The Klingon Honor Guard uni from the Omega rep system is just as bad. There are varients of the uniform. You will be doing the jumping through of hoops to get them.

yea some clothing love is really overdue for the KDF. Appreciative about what we've gotten, but a lot more.. a whole lot more, like dozens of upper boady and lower body cloathing, accessories, boots, cuffs, shoulders, spine armors neck armors etc. And, I'd like some more colors to play with. And hair styles...the lack of KDF big hair is dissapointing. How am I supposed to maintain the heavy metal rocker from the dead look?

*grumble*

Khemaraa Send

s
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Rihannsu
# 30
02-14-2013, 06:48 AM
The Embassy costume unlock is a Romulan Senate Robe. Meaning, additional Bortasqu uniform parts are simply nowhere to be found in-game for now.