Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 61
02-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I have personally seen Eject Warp Plasma to work for decloaking, and I was told Charged ParticleBurst works, too.

So if a team has 5-10 CPB's available, it could track down subterfuge-EBC-cloaked ships and destroy them, breakable as they are. The trick would be to use those abilities in an organized manner.
So your strategy would be to use a skill designed to strip shields which currently is useless by the way in pvp just to track down a bop? 5-10 copies of it?
It is definitely clear you have no grasp of team dynamics in pvp.

Just by doing what your saying, you would sacrifice potentially 5 team based heals and 5 shockwaves /virals which actually do work. Wow, your strategic thinking is just legendary to gimp your team.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 62
02-07-2013, 01:50 AM
I was more thinking about how to fight a 5-Subterfuge-B'rel-team. By triggering CPB every few seconds, you force them to stay away at least 5 km from your ships (diminishing the usefulness of their targettable torps and mines), or you decloak them.

It is of course, just a thought. I have no actual experience with fighting a 5-subterfuge-B'rel team. And sadly, as this has been called out as a "bug" now, we won't have the opportunity to try out a few tactics.

If it's just one of these B'rel's with Romulan Boffs, I'd rather have one CPB in the team, defeated the other 4 team members first, and then take care of the nuisance.
Captain
# 63
02-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I have personally seen Eject Warp Plasma to work for decloaking, and I was told Charged ParticleBurst works, too.

So if a team has 5-10 CPB's available, it could track down subterfuge-EBC-cloaked ships and destroy them, breakable as they are. The trick would be to use those abilities in an organized manner.
I've flown through Vent Theta Radiation before the Rom BOFF, and it rarely decloaked me. I don't think EWP would work either.

Yes, CPB works. But, I usually don't fly within 6-7km of my target, specifically because the typical range for reveal abilities is 5km. Yes, my Breen Cluster torpedo and Bio-Neural are targetable. But, they still manage to get a hit in, because everyone is so preoccupied with the other ships that are not cloaked. Usually, my Breen cluster gets swatted away easily with FAW. But, the shields on my Bio-Neural warhead keeps it alive, especially if I use TT.
Career Officer
# 64
02-07-2013, 08:27 AM
EWP does work. I decloaked Mini during a test.

But keep in mind that it was a completely lucky thing. I accidentally hit my EWP bind when he was doing an attack run on me, lol.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 65
02-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Ahhh...now I see why last time at Ker'rat something very weird happened...those damned B'rel...another KDF dirty trick...what can I say...wait, I know what can I say...
Evul Klinguns!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Career Officer
# 66
02-08-2013, 07:30 PM
It will be interesting to see how long Craptic lets this continue, I for one will not be playing until it is fixed, and I may just uninstall anyway.

I have tested this from both ends: Nothing, I repeat NOTHING will break the cloak, not CPB, Sensor Scan, 125 Aux, Nothing. Brel is free to pelt opponents with no chance of being killed, which in and of itself isnt terrible, most B'rel cant kill anything on their own anyway, but what it leads to is an excellent opportunity for griefing. One can stretch a simple 5 on 5 as long as they want, until the feds quit.. just for fun. And dont kid yourself into believing that people wont do it just for fun. Klinks already grief with their cloaks as they are, for as long as they can get away with it in the absence of teams with Science ships or the laughable CPB that people rarely slot.

And to my Panda friend, I see no benefit to your vaunted 'community at whole' to keep a lid on this, that will only serve to prolong the benefit to those in the know, and every moment that things like this persist presents another opportunity for a player to fall victin to it and become disenchanted with the game to the point of /uninstall.

Between this and directed energy modulation turret spam, (bop? what bop?) I have no desire to play this game anymore
Captain
# 67
02-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
It will be interesting to see how long Craptic lets this continue, I for one will not be playing until it is fixed, and I may just uninstall anyway.

I have tested this from both ends: Nothing, I repeat NOTHING will break the cloak, not CPB, Sensor Scan, 125 Aux, Nothing. Brel is free to pelt opponents with no chance of being killed, which in and of itself isnt terrible, most B'rel cant kill anything on their own anyway, but what it leads to is an excellent opportunity for griefing. One can stretch a simple 5 on 5 as long as they want, until the feds quit.. just for fun. And dont kid yourself into believing that people wont do it just for fun. Klinks already grief with their cloaks as they are, for as long as they can get away with it in the absence of teams with Science ships or the laughable CPB that people rarely slot.

And to my Panda friend, I see no benefit to your vaunted 'community at whole' to keep a lid on this, that will only serve to prolong the benefit to those in the know, and every moment that things like this persist presents another opportunity for a player to fall victin to it and become disenchanted with the game to the point of /uninstall.

Between this and directed energy modulation turret spam, (bop? what bop?) I have no desire to play this game anymore
B'rels can take a single target just fine.

And you're wrong about CPB and 125 aux. We tested, and CPB decloaked me when my Bio-Neural was hit with it. Same thing happened when it got hit with Gravity Well. He was also able to see me when he bumped into me. Granted, he had to keep ramming me until I was visible long enough for him to fire. Another fleet mate of mine had maxed Sensors, and he could see me flash in and out at over 3km (I wasn't firing at the time). Not long enough for him to target me, but he was able to see where I was and follow me. If he had Gravity Well or CPB, he could have targeted my destructible projectiles and decloak me. Or, in a bigger game, if the ship next to you gets hit with CPB or Gravity Well, it would also decloak me.

In any case, it's a bug. Cryptic is aware of it and they are working on fixing it.