Captain
# 11
02-06-2013, 04:33 AM
In my case, I got Suroo from nothing, all the way to T5, just by running the holiday epohh duty officer missions, and nothing else. 4 missions going at any one day, and I just sat back and watched the Romulan Marks come in! So, all had to do was win 2-3 races a day, start the duty officer missions; it took all of about 15 minutes a day.

But now that the holiday event is over, grinding New Romulus can get to be a pain, and tediously repetitious. Azura Rescue is good, but not near as effective as STF is for Omega. So I definitely support the idea for STF-like missions on the Romulan side. Plus I actually run STF after STF most of the time I am online anyway, so I very well might do the same for Romulan STFs.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 12
02-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Eppoh tagging is more efficient than STFs

And on a sidenote: 35min for ISE? Did you grab a coffee or something?
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Captain
# 13
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeeeah... 35 minutes for an ISE? Dafuq? Um... ok anyways, as for the RM shortage? Yeah that's you and everyone else. That's why New Romulus always has guys running around doing those missions (each one really shouldn't take you more than 8 minutes). So that's 10 marks per 8 minute period (12 if you turn them in during the rep period), and there are... 6 or 7 of them? So that's an hour for 70 (84 during rep event) RM, and another 18 mins (acamar repeats) for another 60 (75 if you turn it in during the rep event.)

So all you have to do is do all those missions, and only turn them in during the rep event. You'll get a large boost to your RM income, and it won't affect the re-acquire timers, since the 20 hour timer starts as soon as you pick up the mission. Then you do all the missions, and turn them in during the reputation hour, and there you go, free RMs.

But I will agree, RMs are a pain to get your paws on.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
# 14
02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Romulan marks are hard to obtain if you don't like tedious and boring methods!

- I hate doing the click this and that then that missions on New Romulus, I fall asleep
- I hate the tagging, Stupid little animals.. go the hell away
- The amount of marks you get for the space Romulan missions are horribly low compared to the time to complete them
- BUT I generally do not whine about these things, I am just waiting to see if they add more ways to get the marks, I'm in no rush.

Until then I just run the salt vampire stf once in a while, its interesting to see how many people will actually do it the correct way, and its fun to defend with my engineer.
Lieutenant
# 15
02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
The biggest problem is the artificial cap on Mark rewards for Azure Nebula rescue. No matter how many ships you save, you'll only get, what, 18 marks if its not during the reputation event? 22 or 24 if it is? Then you get the added slap in the face of it being a timed mission, so you need to sit there for a minute before it even starts, then you save enough ships to hit the cap and need to sit there for another five minutes doing nothing so you can collect your reward. Its an awful waste of time.
Career Officer
# 16
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
Guys....we need Romulan STF Missions.

Okay, now lemme explain why. Grinding for Omega Marks, and Dilithium is unbelievably simple thanks to the PvE queues and the rewards you get for the time put in. Anywhere I go, all I have to do is go to the PvE queue, join Infected Space Elite....accepted 5 seconds later, BAM. In about 35 minutes I just made ~75 Omega Marks, 960 Dilithium, and 1-11 BNPs, accounting for up to 2000 more dilithium.
Have you tried going to PvE queue, join Azure Nebula Rescue or Mine Trap or The Vault:Ensnared?... accepted 5 seconds later, BAM.

I will agree that more of these events with better payouts would be nice.
Captain
# 17
02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Frankly, I wish Omega Marks were as easy to get as Romulan ones. For Romulan there are the single player patrols which are 20 minutes for 60-75 marks every day, and then there's epohh tagging if the patrols aren't enough. For Omega you have to do team stuff, which means your connection needs to not be having a bad day and you need to be able to dedicate up to an hour at a time (depends heavily on team).
Career Officer
# 18
02-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Eppoh tagging is more efficient than STFs
But is it as fun? For me the variety of pugging keeps STFs interesting, but just thinking of the soulcrushing Rom rep grind makes me feel like crawling under my blanky and crying myself to sleep. It was THAT bad.
Career Officer
# 19
02-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsespace View Post
No Transwarp should be only to your Faction's HQ . Nothing more .
i'm not sure how anyone's life is improved by wasting players' time slowboating (well, fastboating i guess, technically) across the quadrant. all transwarp targets should be usable by anyone in any ship (with a cooldown, of course).

give the cruisers something useful instead. *gasp* i just solved cruiser up-ness! yay me
Captain
# 20
02-19-2013, 08:38 PM
We don't need Romulan STFs for Marks ... but they would be very fun.