Captain
Hi Foundry authors,

TEASER

I would like to create a new series "Dark Frontiers", but one with a slight twist to it.

Let me start by introducing the concept.

First off, in order to design a truly epic arc I am looking at this point to "recruit" eager authors that would be interested in collaborating with me.

What I would like to do is have each of the authors adopt a faction whose story line they will endeavor to bring to the fore. They will have 100% autonomy of decision in regards to their story or how their faction would respond to events.

Now, while I understand that the authors would be unable to create true factional story as there are only two playable factions in the game. Although the primary story line will still focus on the U.F.P and the Klingon Empire, the story told will be from the perspective of the faction they represent.

The factions represented will be:

United Federation of Planets (rickysmith1)
Klingon Empire (drkfrontiers)
Dominion (stardestroyer001)
Cardassian (vexravus)
Romulans (markhawkman)
Borg (heissenburg)
Ferengi (fu11ofstars)
Undine (rickysmith1)
Ask'kaar Republic (thay8472)
Tholians (sethpower121)

(Depending on the response, I am also open to your own faction you would like to use e.g. Vulcan, Andorian, Marquis)

Once I have found willing authors to fill the above, I will begin the story from Qo'noS (my home town!)

Each author when then respond to my mission with their own, or they could engage with each other's story lines, thus creating an intricate and connected series on ongoing stories.

A very interesting suggestion was made here (pendra3780)

Requirements:
  1. The heroes of your faction will either be U.F.P or Klingon Empire
  2. The "villians/ or heroes" of the faction you represent will be their opponents. So try not to kill off the cast in the first mission
  3. The only real limitation is that these two groups of characters become iconic representations throughout the series much like in the shows, that need to be properly conveyed through the other authors content.

I really hope that I will receive a positive response

I would also be looking to members of the community that enjoy creating trailers to really show their story telling skills

I have created a site where we can brainstorm - Persistent Foundry. All are welcome!

Cheers
@drkfrontiers

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-19-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Commander
# 2
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
None of my missions have been spotlighted but I wouldn't mind being a part of this project, after all I do looove the Foundry.
Also all of my applications in the Foundry Contests have been in the top 3 so far.

I don't have many trailers at the moment but I have two in development along with my own Series I am hoping to release all at once by the end of the year.

If I may, I have a smart idea for the UFP Faction, as there is an ample supply of Foundry and in-game content... I could take a 'unique' approach at it.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 3
02-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
None of my missions have been spotlighted but I wouldn't mind being a part of this project, after all I do looove the Foundry.
Also all of my applications in the Foundry Contests have been in the top 3 so far.

I don't have many trailers at the moment but I have two in development along with my own Series I am hoping to release all at once by the end of the year.

If I may, I have a smart idea for the UFP Faction, as there is an ample supply of Foundry and in-game content... I could take a 'unique' approach at it.
One down - Welcome on board mate!

As soon as we have all the folks involved, I will create us a collaboration site
Commander
# 4
02-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
One down - Welcome on board mate!

As soon as we have all the folks involved, I will create us a collaboration site
Sweet, I'll P.M you my 'unique' idea, see if you like it... what sort of story were you thinking of? An enemy fought by many races across different time frames like in the Invasion Novels> Or will we just make it up as a team?

Oh, DIBS ON UFP lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 5
02-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
Sweet, I'll P.M you my 'unique' idea, see if you like it... what sort of story were you thinking of? An enemy fought by many races across different time frames like in the Invasion Novels> Or will we just make it up as a team?

Oh, DIBS ON UFP lol
Glad to see you excited. And yes, we will collaborate on the overall initial setting and base story line, but each author will determine where his/ her part of the story leads
Rihannsu
# 6
02-09-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm kinda interested, Romulan.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
02-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I'm kinda interested, Romulan.
Awesome! Good to have you with us - Jolan Tru!
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Hmmm I havn't been spotlighted or got in the top three yet.

However I would like to volunteer for the Undine arc.

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Possible persistent content in foundry

Interactive, persistent colonization missions

A set of short or not that short missions based around a foundation of a colony. Starting from planetary survey, through colonist selection to finally creating a self sustaining colony.

Lets say, the players have to survey 3 planets. They collect samples, fight wildlife whatever. At the end of the mission, you ask them to vote on "Establishing a colony on planet A, B or C" in the mission review. After a few weeks, you sum the votes and continue the story with the planet that has the most votes. Then you select the colonists. Interview group A, group B and group C. Throw in some story or mission too to make it interesting. Then the players can vote on which colonist group to send. Next mission, what buildings to build etc...
I think you got the idea.

It is interactive, because the players make the hard choice, you just follow up with the story. And persistent because you can always visit the colony that was built on or around the collective ideas of the captains. Just bring up the final mission in the foundry and revisit the colony. Maybe add in a memorial plaque like captains who helped to shape our beloved colony: and a few names who voted on all the steps taken. And it is not just voting, the captains may suggest a name for the colony, or maybe something else that would make a good story element. Also you can even make a bad ending, like if the players picked a vulcanic planet, and sent a bunch of scientists to make an farming colony and then decided against placing an orbital power plant in fear of pollution.

And when the chain is done, you can retire the old missions (except the final colony) and start a new one with the same or similar steps.

Mini Romulan or Cardassian factions

Now we desing missions for Feds and Klinks. Why don't we make missions for Romulans, for example? Klingon K7s were used by Romulans. I know Feds don't really have any playable Romulan ship, but maybe say that the ship is a salvage. Or who knows, maybe someone mods a Fed ship to look like a D'Deridex just for that.
So anyway, it would play from start to the end as a Romulan or Cardassian mission. No, you are not an undercover masked Fed captain, but the real thing.
Just pure Romulan missions with spies, Tal'shiar, Remans, Treachery... I think that would be something I would make an all Alien-masked-as-Romulan crew for.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=259298
Captain
# 10
02-10-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Hmmm I havn't been spotlighted or got in the top three yet.

However I would like to volunteer for the Undine arc.
That would be fantastic! The Undine need their story told. Welcome!