Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,754
# 41
02-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanx01 View Post
What I do mind is the USELESS ship we got on the KDF side. Another Cruiser?! We need the K'vort class Escort that can finally match us up with the Feddy escorts like the Defiant!
Sure, let's bash a free ship that you didn't even have to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
And please, no K'Vort. The last thing the KDF needs is another unimaginative product of poor production clogging our rosters.
You are the first person that I find to share my opinion. People are excited to get a K'vort. I wouldn't be caught dead in that over-inflated B'rel. Yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
So please, *DO* explain why its so bad a canon Timeship doing what Timeships are know to do instead of using a NON-CANON ship were its sole reason to exist is for the KDF not operating a "USS" ship?

Oh and I have no idea were the Klingons actually are in the 29th Century, Enterprise did put then as part of the Federation at that point, along with the Romulan but that is about it.
I don't have a beef that the Wells saves the day. What I wonder on the other hand is why these 'Wells Timeships' did not react when Franklin Drake sends us through time to destroy a comet or even more why don't they intervene when Tholians brought back the 29 century technology in the 25 century?

About the ENT episode - that was just one possible outcomes to the future, that can be changed any day by the acts of an indivudual. Like the Xindi destroying Earth, or Archer getting himself killed trying to prevent it.
Many factors could influence the change of that one 'possible' future we saw in ENT, so it isn't something written in stone. As far as I see it in STO, the Klingons are not in the Federation if they have their own Korath Timeships serving the same purpose as the Wells.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 42
02-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The only reason the Rozhenko exists is because they didnt want to put a Starship ship, the Wells into the KDF hands.

So please, *DO* explain why its so bad a canon Timeship doing what Timeships are know to do instead of using a NON-CANON ship were its sole reason to exist is for the KDF not operating a "USS" ship?

Oh and I have no idea were the Klingons actually are in the 29th Century, Enterprise did put then as part of the Federation at that point, along with the Romulan but that is about it.
Because while it's not in canon from the TV series it's well established within the game canon that there's a klingon temporal guard with their own ships (that are actually playable).
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,059
# 43
02-10-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanx01 View Post
I don't mind the mission, it was good even for KDF, it makes sense somewhat, the enemy of my enemy is my friend so to speak.

What I do mind is the USELESS ship we got on the KDF side. Another Cruiser?! We need the K'vort class Escort that can finally match us up with the Feddy escorts like the Defiant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The only reason the Rozhenko exists is because they didnt want to put a Starship ship, the Wells into the KDF hands.

So please, *DO* explain why its so bad a canon Timeship doing what Timeships are know to do instead of using a NON-CANON ship were its sole reason to exist is for the KDF not operating a "USS" ship?

Oh and I have no idea were the Klingons actually are in the 29th Century, Enterprise did put then as part of the Federation at that point, along with the Romulan but that is about it.

Correct me if I am wrong here but STO is set in a alternative time line to the ''normal'' one which the TV shows come from, which is basically Cryptic's get out of free card to bend the rules somewhat with how things are. Star Wars Galaxies also said the same thing if I recall to get around all the non canon stuff they put in that game.

So I don't think its that far fetched for the devs to of added a KDF version of the time police or w/e you want to call them in game since it is very clear that the KDF are not a part of the Federation. So really it wouldn't of taken them that much more effort to pallet swap a few things, its not like the ship is not already in the game after all.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 289
# 44
02-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
I guess you missed the part where the Tholians blew up Quo'nos.
One of the freighter captains mentions a "Quo'nos Blast Zone" and that you should never steer too close to it.
If I could have read it, might have saw that.

Instead, I was spamming spacebar tbh.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 460
# 45
02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Just another copy and paste Fed mission!

Why is the KDF invovled - Yar's timeline was at war with KDF where 30 billion lives had been lost - but she shows up there at the Tholin base and has no problem with a KDF helping her escape with the KDF captain taking command of the Ent-C?? You got to be joking.

This mission is just another Fed mission with a slight change in who will make the distraction of the Tholin guard.

Keep believing in the Line that they will finish the KDF - but they could not make the 3rd anniv mission a little more that a Fed copy paste?
This is much less of a problem if one isn't playing a Klingon, but rather a Gorn, Orion, Trill, Nausicaan, Lethean, Ferasan, or Alien.

In fact its kind of nice to see my lovely Orion first officer Godangle acting like she isn't a armour plated klingon man for a change.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 46
02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
I disagree. I thought it did a good job of involving the KDF. Far better than some of the FEs of the past.
Its no completion of the faction mind you, aside from some bugs I thought it was fun.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 104
# 47
02-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
You do realize that they're too busy to make a KDF version of the anniv mission because they're busy making KDF content for S8, right ?


I think this was said during S1 about S2, during S2 about S3, during S3 about S4, during S4 about S5, during S5 about S6, and during S6 about S7.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 48
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
With this sort of attitude is it any wonder no one seems to take you seriously?

I wonder if any of the "cryptic sucks" KDF players are big enough to apologize if the may update totaly finifhes the missing KDF content.

OR will they just nitpick it as they do everything else that has been added to the KDF.

"Yeah well you gave us missions for lvls 1 to 50, and yeah added like 10 new ships, and maybe gave us targ breeding. But you didnt give me the blue boots i wanted so this update totaly sucks."
They would have to really blow my socks off. Up to know they done nothing but say they going to do thing then deliever next to nothing. IT take a lot to undo the damage they done.

I recently got a survey if i recomand PWE to friends. One scale of 1 to 10 With 1 as no way. I Went with 1.

Why? Read that wiki. 90% of the reason is there. Three years of waiting for them to finish the KDF.


Add to that the fact that they seem unable to hire QA people and to test there product before release it. That why they got a 1.

If there a Romulan faction add to game and the KDF are not 100% with equal content Cryptic gets No praise. BEcause if they have time to add a third faction they can sure make the second faction equal to first after a 3 year wait.

But I am fairly sure what we see is nothing done for KDF or very little and romulan faction added.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,440
# 49
02-20-2013, 05:30 AM
This thread is just amazing. We get one of the best missions out there, voiced by an actress from the show and two free ships. Yet people still whine and cry about it like 5-year olds.

I'd bet you if the KDF would have gotten a completely different mission, people would have been in here moaning and whimmering about how they didn't see Tasha Yar during the mission or how they didn't get to fly the Enterprise C.

This just proves that a large portion of STO players are just spoiled brats, even worse that the underage WoW-crowd. Just like the kid that gets a compact car for it's 16th birthday and instead of being happy starts crying because it didn't get the beamer it wanted...

Last edited by fraghul2000; 02-20-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 50
02-20-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
This thread is just amazing. We get one of the best missions out there, voiced by an actress from the show and two free ships. Yet people still whine and cry about it like 5-year olds.

I'd bet you if the KDF would have gotten a completely different mission, people would have been in here moaning and whimmering about how they didn't see Tasha Yar during the mission or how they didn't get to fly the Enterprise C.

This just proves that a large portion of STO players are just spoiled brats, even worse that the underage WoW-crowd. Just like the kid that gets a compact car for it's 16th birthday and instead of being happy starts crying because it didn't get the beamer it wanted...
I have to agree. I found ths mission to be far less a copy paste than any FE that came before it.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 AM.