Lieutenant
# 1 Colourblind Help Idea
02-04-2013, 03:19 PM
No idea where this should go as I couldn't see an idea's section.

Thank you for the Q's presents daily mission, the general idea has been around for centuries but it was a nice spin on the idea and a lot of people seem to be having fun with it.

This is not the first in game puzzle to use colours and might well not be the last so I wonder if I could make a small request for those of us who are colourblind. Would it be possible to use the colours in conjunction with some other visual aid?

As an example with Q's presents you could have shapes on the sides of the box too like a circle, square, triangle. It would obviously also work with a 1, 2 or 3 on the sides of the boxes or A, B C. You could even just have any other extra visual aids floating above the boxes or displayed below them if you didn't want to put them on the sides of the boxes.
Career Officer
# 2
02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
That's a really good idea. Perhaps the ribbons could be patterned different too.

Although, we may not see this minigame again - although, it would be nice to see it added to the winter event next year.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lieutenant
# 3
02-09-2013, 11:08 AM
I see that this dropped off the front page pretty quickly presumably because the idea was good and didn't need more input.

It would be good to know that this has been noted though by those that might be able to do something about it.
Career Officer
# 4
02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm not personally color blind but I would support different shaped presents or some other visual cue to assist those who are. It's my understanding that a pretty significant portion of the population has some degree of colorblindness.

Porthos is not amused.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I am not colorblind either but I agree that there needs to be some difference between the packages for the people that are. Y'all are inadvertently punishing some of your players for having a birth defect.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Indeed, you can blame the Taco. Someone came to me one day while I was in the middle of other things, saying they needed the presents scaled up to fit Mini Q. I did so without really looking into what it was going to be used for.

In the future, if I hear of such things, I'll try to make sure I include a pattern on them.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Career Officer
# 7
02-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Indeed, you can blame the Taco. Someone came to me one day while I was in the middle of other things, saying they needed the presents scaled up to fit Mini Q. I did so without really looking into what it was going to be used for.

In the future, if I hear of such things, I'll try to make sure I include a pattern on them.
Oh well. Burritos happen. Everyone makes enchiladas. *insert random mexican food saying here*

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 8
02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Cryptic isn't meaning to do it on purpose, but yeah, these sort of things need to be taken into account more often.

On a related note, with a handful of exceptions, isn't it odd that the ideas that everyone agrees with disappear, and the almost universally terrible ones get fought over for months?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 9
02-09-2013, 04:31 PM
As a colourblind player, I fully support this idea (one of the reasons I love that show accurate uniform colour guide).

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Oh well. Burritos happen. Everyone makes enchiladas. *insert random mexican food saying here*

Its nacho fault.