Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 252
# 1 Armitage Saucer
02-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Tried searching for this to see if I was alone in my like/dislike for the Armitage Saucer, all I got was threads about builds. I love the Armitage design but I can't stand the saucer. The saucer looks pretty awesome, except for one thing. The ships name and registration number, it is comically huge. Anyone, that's just my thoughts, anyone else agree?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 778
# 2
02-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Yeah the Armitage isnt the best looking ships but fortunatly you can mix and match the parts from other similar heavy escorts.

My Armitage (USS Paradise) is basically the Oslo class, (Saucer, Hull, Nacelles) with the swept forward Armitage pylons. The ship in that configuration looks really sleek and menacing. Even bird of prey ish.

If you unlock the Thunderchild too you have even more parts to play with!
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 960
# 3
02-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
Yeah the Armitage isnt the best looking ships but fortunatly you can mix and match the parts from other similar heavy escorts.

My Armitage (USS Paradise) is basically the Oslo class, (Saucer, Hull, Nacelles) with the swept forward Armitage pylons. The ship in that configuration looks really sleek and menacing. Even bird of prey ish.

If you unlock the Thunderchild too you have even more parts to play with!
It's not that bad. I think it looks like a beaut! The saucer + that thick central deflector spine reminds me of the Patrol Escort, which in turn reminds me of a "hot rod" type of ship. Real aggressive and very "Come meet mah little friend" *launches fighters*".

It's also way bigger than the standard heavy escorts, which is cool too
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,221
# 4
02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarium1979 View Post
The ships name and registration number, it is comically huge.
At least it's better than the Celestial class.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 886
# 5
02-09-2013, 01:10 PM
My only gripe about the looks of the Armitage is how it has a really dopey looking expression if you look at it from head-on. That deflector makes it look like its got a cold or something.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,449
# 6
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Is is noo more different than the Patrol escort as one has mentioned.I like mine with no hull modifactions what so ever.

You could make it look like this.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&si...2F%3B557%3B390

I like this look of this though

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&si...9%3B1023%3B575
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,221
# 7
02-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Is is noo more different than the Patrol escort as one has mentioned.I like mine with no hull modifactions what so ever.

You could make it look like this.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&si...2F%3B557%3B390

I like this look of this though

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&si...9%3B1023%3B575
The first one is awesome; I'm gonna redesign my Armitage to look like that right now.

Can't tell much about the second from that angle.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 252
# 8
02-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Well, I built my armitage using a few different pieces. I love the saucer, it loos perfect for a carrier, and is the saucer I'm using. I just laugh everytime I seen the name and registry in huge writing.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 269
# 9
02-10-2013, 02:24 AM
Atleast it looks better than Regent. The Regent design is all kinds of wrong.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
# 10
02-10-2013, 02:26 AM
I made a mix for my "Cruiser-exclusive" toon from various parts to spice things up a bit. It kind of looks like a modernized, aggressive version of the Nebula - I just like to call her the "Nebulescort".
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 AM.