Empire Veteran
# 21
02-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Some more hints to whats in store for the KDF wouldve helped started defusing an sore playerbase, thats for sure.
Hopefully part two will hold more info for the KDF fans.

Overall he does sound very excited about the upcomming year.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 22
02-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey Captains!

The best way to make sure you don't miss out on Part 2 of our interview w/ Al Rivera is to subscribe to our RSS Feed or find us on iTunes!!

feeds.priorityonepodcast.com

In Part 2, Al Rivera answers community submitted questions!!

Thanks for all the amazing feedback!!

Sincerely,
-Elijah
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahmre View Post
Hey Captains!

The best way to make sure you don't miss out on Part 2 of our interview w/ Al Rivera is to subscribe to our RSS Feed or find us on iTunes!!

feeds.priorityonepodcast.com

In Part 2, Al Rivera answers community submitted questions!!

Thanks for all the amazing feedback!!

Sincerely,
-Elijah
Yeah I'll be listening, but answering community questions doesnt change the fact that when asked what big things he thought needed improving in 2013 he didnt even mention the KDF.
Republic Veteran
# 24
02-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
Yeah I'll be listening, but answering community questions doesnt change the fact that when asked what big things he thought needed improving in 2013 he didnt even mention the KDF.
There are more important things than the KDF.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Empire Veteran
# 25
02-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
There are more important things than your very own preferences, but who cares, this post is just another troll.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Maybe, but it is certainly one of the biggest things that need improvement in 2013, which was the question that was asked.
Career Officer
# 27
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Clearly you didn't think this through before posting it.

While I agree that there are more important things, there's... not many. Maybe one or two. General player retention as mentioned by Geko being one of them.

But finishing the KDF is, and rightly should be, one of the forefront issues that should be addressed, and it is rather irksome that it wasn't even mentioned in the interview.
Career Officer
# 28
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
In part one of a supplemental episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.

Found it interesting Al talking about another Tutorial Revamp and how people still get lost on ESD.

Now, not to say "I told you", but I told you Cat's signs just wasn't good enough since the signs only say what's in the next room, not where everything is relative to the entire ESD.

Here were my versions of the ESD Maps that I felt was more appropriate:

ESD Map 1
ESD Map 2

And the tutorial itself, it tells you how to move a character, but not a ship. Really does not touch the basics, only people who are versed in games have common enough senset to rebeind keys or change settings. So all of these should be covered prior to you sending players out to battle.
Republic Veteran
# 29
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Clearly you didn't think this through before posting it.

While I agree that there are more important things, there's... not many. Maybe one or two. General player retention as mentioned by Geko being one of them.

But finishing the KDF is, and rightly should be, one of the forefront issues that should be addressed, and it is rather irksome that it wasn't even mentioned in the interview.
There has been more updates to the KDF than PVP in over 3 years, The KDF is not dying PVP on the other hand is a joke, and needs a major overhaul.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Captain
# 30
02-10-2013, 11:33 PM
if sto has a steep learning curve eve online is brain surgery