Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 21
02-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Some more hints to whats in store for the KDF wouldve helped started defusing an sore playerbase, thats for sure.
Hopefully part two will hold more info for the KDF fans.

Overall he does sound very excited about the upcomming year.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 111
# 22
02-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey Captains!

The best way to make sure you don't miss out on Part 2 of our interview w/ Al Rivera is to subscribe to our RSS Feed or find us on iTunes!!

feeds.priorityonepodcast.com

In Part 2, Al Rivera answers community submitted questions!!

Thanks for all the amazing feedback!!

Sincerely,
-Elijah
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
# 23
02-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahmre View Post
Hey Captains!

The best way to make sure you don't miss out on Part 2 of our interview w/ Al Rivera is to subscribe to our RSS Feed or find us on iTunes!!

feeds.priorityonepodcast.com

In Part 2, Al Rivera answers community submitted questions!!

Thanks for all the amazing feedback!!

Sincerely,
-Elijah
Yeah I'll be listening, but answering community questions doesnt change the fact that when asked what big things he thought needed improving in 2013 he didnt even mention the KDF.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,185
# 24
02-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
Yeah I'll be listening, but answering community questions doesnt change the fact that when asked what big things he thought needed improving in 2013 he didnt even mention the KDF.
There are more important things than the KDF.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 25
02-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
There are more important things than the KDF.
There are more important things than your very own preferences, but who cares, this post is just another troll.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
# 26
02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
There are more important things than the KDF.
Maybe, but it is certainly one of the biggest things that need improvement in 2013, which was the question that was asked.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,790
# 27
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
There are more important things than the KDF.
Clearly you didn't think this through before posting it.

While I agree that there are more important things, there's... not many. Maybe one or two. General player retention as mentioned by Geko being one of them.

But finishing the KDF is, and rightly should be, one of the forefront issues that should be addressed, and it is rather irksome that it wasn't even mentioned in the interview.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 28
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
In part one of a supplemental episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.

Found it interesting Al talking about another Tutorial Revamp and how people still get lost on ESD.

Now, not to say "I told you", but I told you Cat's signs just wasn't good enough since the signs only say what's in the next room, not where everything is relative to the entire ESD.

Here were my versions of the ESD Maps that I felt was more appropriate:

ESD Map 1
ESD Map 2


And the tutorial itself, it tells you how to move a character, but not a ship. Really does not touch the basics, only people who are versed in games have common enough senset to rebeind keys or change settings. So all of these should be covered prior to you sending players out to battle.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,185
# 29
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Clearly you didn't think this through before posting it.

While I agree that there are more important things, there's... not many. Maybe one or two. General player retention as mentioned by Geko being one of them.

But finishing the KDF is, and rightly should be, one of the forefront issues that should be addressed, and it is rather irksome that it wasn't even mentioned in the interview.
There has been more updates to the KDF than PVP in over 3 years, The KDF is not dying PVP on the other hand is a joke, and needs a major overhaul.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 30
02-10-2013, 11:33 PM
if sto has a steep learning curve eve online is brain surgery
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 PM.