Lieutenant
# 171 Useless Mining Claims
02-07-2013, 08:05 AM
The Mining Claims that we paid good money for should be for refined Dilithium. I have a pile of them that I will never use. I can cap the Daily Limit along with doing STFs for fleet, romulan, or omega marks! It would be nice to turn them in for like one purple or Blue Duty Officer, depending on the claim.
Lt. Commander
# 172
02-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter777 View Post
The Mining Claims that we paid good money for should be for refined Dilithium. I have a pile of them that I will never use. I can cap the Daily Limit along with doing STFs for fleet, romulan, or omega marks! It would be nice to turn them in for like one purple or Blue Duty Officer, depending on the claim.
If Cryptic is going to keep the 8k cap (they should) then it SHOULD be refine (additional 5k refined) with 20 hours cooldown is acceptable.

Since they are NOT refined, then there shouldn't be a cooldown. Having 50k (like me) or 300k unrefined dil doesn't hurt it since players has to refine it and limit 8k per day.

They are character bound and don't expire, these tickets will be claim soon or later.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Starfleet Veteran
# 173
02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
I'll just chime in and add my voice to the calls for Account bound.

I could go with the claims themselves being character bound, but 'customer packages' (the things that contain the claims) being account.

Right now the boxes create odd incentives. I want to open boxes on alts rather than my main, since I don't want a huge collection of unrefined dil on my main. And it means if I want say a ship, from ~150 boxes (the lobi bought one), I'm going to be looking at 6 months before I get the full value of my rewards from the boxes. That's just odd.

As a player you want to concentrate lobi from boxes on one character, but you want to disperse the mining claims (from the same boxes).

Granted, I'm sure it's in the rules of acquisition somewhere, and cryptic seems to be using that as their game design document. But it's still odd.
Community Moderator
# 174
02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter777 View Post
Very much this. Especially since we could have just used that Zen to buy Dilithium anyway.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Rihannsu
# 175
02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
They would be fine if they were account bound, so they could be used to avoid farming on less-played toons.
Lieutenant
# 176 VIP Dilithium Mining Claim
02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Why are these character bound?

I'm obviously not going to open lockboxes on alts when i need the lobi on X character being played as a main currently, said main also has 150k dilithium ore and increasing everyday, im gaining more ore than i can refine per day, on top of having 20 useless VIP mining claims on the character.

Would be nice if these VIP claims or at the least the reward packs were made account bound, so some alts could get some dil ore lovin'.

I know im not alone with this, having dil mining claims which you just don't need on a character already having more dil than you could refine in months.

Last edited by joshmaaaaaaans; 02-10-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 177
02-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I agree I would like them to be account bound aswell

www.fleet7.com
Captain
# 178
02-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Another reason to raise the cap. . . . I for one would love that much dilithium lol I am just about getting 8k a day if I grind hard
Republic Veteran
# 179
02-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmaaaaaaans View Post
Why are these character bound?

I'm obviously not going to open lockboxes on alts when i need the lobi on X character being played as a main currently, said main also has 150k dilithium ore and increasing everyday, im gaining more ore than i can refine per day, on top of having 20 useless VIP mining claims on the character.

Would be nice if these VIP claims or at the least the reward packs were made account bound, so some alts could get some dil ore lovin'.

I know im not alone with this, having dil mining claims which you just don't need on a character already having more dil than you could refine in months.
Just transfer the DIl when you get it to your other Characters.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Lieutenant
# 180
02-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Just transfer the DIl when you get it to your other Characters.
?

You cant transfer ore..