Lt. Commander
# 301
02-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Use the exchange and/or the trade channel. I will happily report people that spam zone chat.

Problem solved.
Commander
# 302
02-10-2013, 01:44 PM
so you didn't read what I said or just chose to fit it into whatever ridiculous troll you needed it to fit into?
Career Officer
# 303
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I believe the OP is accusing sellers and traders of abusing the silencing system. Something about silencing the competition...or something.

Somehow I think OP was doing a bit more in zone chat besides posting a WTB for a master key.

Joined August 2009
Commander
# 304
02-10-2013, 02:09 PM
nice baiting comment.
I had been running stfs 'n chatting with friends for an hour.
Came back into zone. typed One time, WTB Masterkeys, was silenced. that was it.
Captain
# 305
02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
I'll be the first to admit that zone chat is no intellectual nirvana, but it gets irritating quickly when ever third line is a recruiting ad, every fourth is someone wanting to buy or sell something for some price ridiculously different that in the exchange, and if that person is making the same identical post every 5 to 10 seconds, that is spam.
So maybe it is a knee-jerk reaction to report someone else for making a single post that looks similar, but if gets point across that that is not what the zone chat channel is for, so be it.
The exchange shows the price of keys that players are willing to sell them for and anyone looking to unload keys at a lower price will have already done so by underselling his competitors in the exchange, so calling out for such in chat is pointless.
It is true that the muting function can be abused and does need a more refined process, with perhaps default trade and recruiting channels that are immune to muting, but in many cases it is serving the function it was intended for in Zone chat.
Starfleet Veteran
# 306
02-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1771 View Post
There are fleets and Traders, namely buyers and sellers of Masterkeys in zone and trade chats, practicing regular and rampant abuse of this ingame silencing system.
Someones buying keys in zone? ten reports 'n bAm, silenced. no competition.
Its happening more and more.
This is a serious issue that needs addressed.

I posted One time in esd ten minutes ago, WTB Master Keys, 'n was immediately silenced. Just once.
These people should lose their ability to report if you're not going to actually fix the system itself.
So what exactly do you suggest? Zone Chat is the troll and spam Utopia of gaming. In zone chat spammers will spam, idiots will be idiots and abusers of the in-game systems will abuse. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what is put in place, people will still find away to spam or abuse privileges regardless...
Commander
# 307
02-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
The exchange shows the price of keys that players are willing to sell them for and anyone looking to unload keys at a lower price will have already done so by underselling his competitors in the exchange, so calling out for such in chat is pointless.
Its not pointless at all. People are right now making millions of ec simply buy buying keys in zone chat for 1 to 1.2 million ec and then reselling them on exchange for the going rate.
Its business. And its very competitive, as much as it is lucrative.

Allowing players to abuse this chat system to get an edge on the market is a terrible oversight.
This isn't the only issue, People are also spamming players with spam reports that they have issue with for one reason or another. Simply ask in your fleet, 'hey lets report this guy' 'n pOof, he's gone. its happening more and more. You can safely assume that for every chat ban u see on these forums there are ten more that don't bother to post about it 'n just go do something else instead.
Commander
# 308
02-10-2013, 02:23 PM
here u go.. make masterkeys bound on acquire. kill the market.
Commander
# 309
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
so what, this is like the dumping ground for threads dealing with chat system abuse?
in browsing it a bit it seems this is an issue that's even more prominent than I had thought at first.

Bump. can we get some kind of official response?
Career Officer
# 310
02-10-2013, 10:43 PM
We did.

They just say it's a automatic system and it's staying in place.