Commander
# 11
02-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Well in any case we're not talking about actual AI, but about damage and resistance. Its a way that this game uses to make the thing more "challenging", instead of scripting a good AI, make the borg/romulan deal millions of damage on invisible shoots, and give any NPC cruiser 1 million hull HP, and that's the lazy way to get "challenging" PvE.

And talking about dumbing down... Today I first runned a mission in New Romulus. Just curiosity. It was in those caves in the crater, I think is a Tier 4 rep mission. Lel. Every time I got killed, I just respawned instantly in the same place. The more I repeated the process, the more easy it gets, cause my boffs also respawned with full hp while the tholians just were loosing it. So, why die? Why just dont make the PvE in godmode and talk clear? Or just skip the mission and let me to the cutscene.

Meh, those cutscenes...
[That's it, Spanish and/or Hispanic Fleet]
L'Ter@lotherus - Alien Sci Officer - Wells/Destroyer
(No quiero mas reputaciones - No more rep!)
Empire Veteran
# 12
02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Well, the pets AI is getting a buff in the next patch, if only those improvements (tendency to use fore weaponry) could be given to regular NPCs...
Captain
# 13
02-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
Well in any case we're not talking about actual AI, but about damage and resistance. Its a way that this game uses to make the thing more "challenging", instead of scripting a good AI, make the borg/romulan deal millions of damage on invisible shoots, and give any NPC cruiser 1 million hull HP, and that's the lazy way to get "challenging" PvE.

And talking about dumbing down... Today I first runned a mission in New Romulus. Just curiosity. It was in those caves in the crater, I think is a Tier 4 rep mission. Lel. Every time I got killed, I just respawned instantly in the same place. The more I repeated the process, the more easy it gets, cause my boffs also respawned with full hp while the tholians just were loosing it. So, why die? Why just dont make the PvE in godmode and talk clear? Or just skip the mission and let me to the cutscene.

Meh, those cutscenes...
Um... no. I am actually talking about AI, not damage or resilience. I am talking about NPCs using their abilities intelligently and timing them correctly. Which they did for a very short period of time before S7 went live.

I am referring to actual challenge, the kind that caused massive nerd-rage on the forums right before S7. I am talking about REAL enemies, not lumbering clunkers with 1.5 million HP.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 14
02-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I am referring to actual challenge, the kind that caused massive nerd-rage on the forums right before S7. I am talking about REAL enemies, not lumbering clunkers with 1.5 million HP.
Can we please have this?
Captain
# 15
02-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Can we please have this?
Actually you won't like what I want. I want those clunkers to keep all their HP and damage, but have a muuuuch nastier AI. I want ESTFs to be hard again, even if you have a good team that knows what they're doing. Face-rolling is boring.

Imagine a tac cube with it's current HP and damage output. Now take that tac cube, and give it an AI similar to a player's capability. Now take that NPC with perfect timing and perfect knowledge on CDs and what abilities do, when to use abilities, which abilities to use to counter which kinds of targets, and put it into that tac cube.

That is the kind of enemies I want to fight.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 16
02-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Face-rolling is boring.
I think this line sums up everything I was going to say on the matter