Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 31
02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I think a diagram would best describe the relationship between the senior officers and crew of my ship:

http://sumghai.deviantart.com/art/Do...hart-353600847

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
I find it hilarious that you've had to map out the entire mess so you can work it out in your head.
Hahaha!

Nah, the relations are quite clear in my head, but I figured that a visual method would get the point across much, much quicker

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 32
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I love how one of the combos says, "Danger: Do Not Mix."

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 33
02-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
I think a diagram would best describe the relationship between the senior officers and crew of my ship:

Heh, I should make one of those.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 34
02-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Heh, I should make one of those.
I used Microsoft Visio for the nodes and arrows, with STO screenshots of my BOffs photoshopped in.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 35
02-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Camaraderie, flirtation, and some romance. Friendship making as well.
Career Officer
# 36
02-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:

That diagram is pure gold! Awesome!
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.

Last edited by hypl; 02-10-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Commander
# 37
02-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Nah, the relations are quite clear in my head, but I figured that a visual method would get the point across much, much quicker
It did! Great graphic. (I liked the rest of what I saw on your dA page, too.)

I took the OP to be referring only to romantic relationships. I've got all the others mapped out in my head as well, but it would probably require a chart like this to explain.
Ensign
# 38
02-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
It did! Great graphic. (I liked the rest of what I saw on your dA page, too.)

I took the OP to be referring only to romantic relationships. I've got all the others mapped out in my head as well, but it would probably require a chart like this to explain.
I actually meant friendships too as well... which is why I said Friendships AND other relationship types.

That said, I think I may be stealing that chart idea...that was pretty good.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
02-11-2013, 04:25 AM
Awesome-sauce chart.

I think my crew would also be a Nadesico type crew, but in this case, actually 'do' deserve their ship(s). Kinda could extend into the Doffs, since I've done them so much, they too are developed as a part of the crew.

I think the basis of my crew relationships, bases from the family line that my three starfleet captains all hail from, the Kerensky family, of whom Jeain and Terrai were Starfleet officers themselves, that adopted Aleaic and Ashar, into a family that ends up with multiple sisters (genetic) one of whom, Caladeni, also ends up in Starfleet. Hikari ends up in Aleaic's crew, soon after the Vega incident, to watch out for her younger adopted brother, while Caladeni (Sci) and Ashar (Tac) end up on their own ships. All are VAs now, and have complex crews of their own.

Aleaic is in a love triangle with two fem boffs, among his command crew (twenty plus boffs, that I have accumilated,) that has lasted since Aleaic first ever remembers 'being' on Earth. (The whole sorta lost son of a homeworld way outside the Federation, in the Beta Quad somewhere not discovered, that has it's own unknown history with the Iconians... anywho...) Most of Aleaic's crew come from a rather large friendship family, that comes from Japan, Florida and Montana (since shuttles and transporters are so prevalent,) as well as attachments from all across the Alpha Quad, in the years since attaining command. (Half Romulan, Breen, Reman, Klink, Orion, Gorn... almost all bases covered race wise.) Relationships are complex, and allowed, as long as professionalism on duty is maintained. Must all work, since the crew has faced everything that game content has to offer, and thrived.

Ashar has a crew of all females, that... well... complex imagination warrented here. Caladeni has a crew that's mostly female, more of a sisterly (clean) setup here, with a Tellarite male, that is a long time friend and confidant, sorta like what Sisko and Dax had going. And all of them have a loving Father, whom (for moi directed part,) is the Ambassador to Tellar, whom keeps a keen eye on his prides and joys, as well as a Mother that is equal parts proud, and still STEAMED at them all, for the three being at Vega, when the Borg attack occured. Jeain still lets them have it, now and again about that, making three Admirals feel like kids again, each and every time. And the hooks of family reach well and deep, for most of the various crews, some with parents and sibilings in Starfleet, others in the Merchant fleet, others in civilian roles, a lot of which is 'borrowed' from many of my favorite books, series, anime, so on... (Not making any money off of this, just paying dues for the verteran perks. :p )

If anything from thus jumbo is clear, is that my scale of family and more, permeates my various crews, beyond just the second star to the right. More like five stars after that, and so on. One day I should write about this, just for fun. Probably more than enoguh one shots and characters than one can keep up with, but that's how I roll with my crews.
Captain
# 40
02-11-2013, 04:37 AM
My character is mirror universe, his relationship with his first officer is one of brotherhood after their experience of being born into slavery, they escaped and have fought together ever since.