Ensign
I love the game but i'm one of those ppl that do quest without reading the "Blah,Blah,Blah" NPC have to say, but this game i found out early u have to READ & REMEMBER all those sequences when i did the Quarantine mission...now i read through the Blah Blah Blah
Captain
# 2
01-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Trek is about the story and the characters, not just pew-pewing for better gear (although STO may be guilty of this at times)

If anything, those options are quite easy to remember / eliminate - if not, a good ream of paper and a pen would do wonders.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 3
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
If anything, those options are quite easy to remember / eliminate - if not, a good ream of paper and a pen would do wonders.
I remember a time when for a good game people would keep notebooks at their computer desks because we didn't have wikis or GameFAQs or the like, but were too cheap to buy the $15 or so strategy guide or pay for the hint hotline...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Actually, there's an option in your quest journal where you can see the last 50 bits of conversation you've just engaged in. I believe it's a tab called "logs". Just use that =)
Ensign
# 5
02-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Trek is about the story and the characters, not just pew-pewing for better gear (although STO may be guilty of this at times)

What game are you playing again?
Lieutenant
# 6
02-10-2013, 08:50 PM
none of you had better play the secret world that's for sure.
Captain
# 7
02-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixa1 View Post
none of you had better play the secret world that's for sure.
unfair.co takes care of those missions.
Commander
# 8
02-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
And the opposite to skip blah blah is not just pew-pew. When people talks about blah-blah, its the opposite preciely to a good story.

And what's a good story in a GAME? The one that its inherent to its gameplay and depends on your decitions, where you're more than a mere observer or "reader" like if it was and e-book. This game its rusheable only by pressing F all the time. Reading the "story" its just an option, not a part of the gameplay itself. That's why STO missions are considered in the gaming industry one of the worse gameplays ever created, especially the ground ones.
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
And what's a good story in a GAME? The one that its inherent to its gameplay and depends on your decitions, where you're more than a mere observer or "reader" like if it was and e-book.
This. A GOOD story in a game is one where it creates something that you legitimately desire as a player - whether it's a goal to solve a hard puzzle or defeat a cunning enemy... if it's relevant to the game's story, it allows you to form a connection to the hero (aka, your character). This kind of immersion is hard to find in games now, but if you stop to read the dialogue once in a while, you can open up a whole world of story that adds another dimension to an otherwise (mostly) silent game.