Lieutenant
# 51
01-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
That might be a bug, that might have been an intentional decision on someone's part. I'll have to do a little bit of digging to see what happened there.
Please do. The very rare tier BOFF traits being significantly worse than lower tiers smells like a bug rather than design decision. If it's intentional, whoever came up with that deserves a slap.

As it stands, I just wasted 160,000 fleet credits and 40,000 dilithium on a completely useless bridge officer, because the tooltip suggested the passive to be in line with previous tiers.
Ensign
# 52
01-31-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarruu View Post
Please do. The very rare tier BOFF traits being significantly worse than lower tiers smells like a bug rather than design decision. If it's intentional, whoever came up with that deserves a slap.

As it stands, I just wasted 160,000 fleet credits and 40,000 dilithium on a completely useless bridge officer, because the tooltip suggested the passive to be in line with previous tiers.
so you bought a bo cause you didn't read the bo-specs and want a change. whats about all those people who read the inscription and bought 2-3 of the 80k/20K bos with the superior crit trait. that isnt fair eighter.
Ensign
# 53
02-03-2013, 10:16 AM
So you think it's fair that the purple tactical boff remain vastly inferior to the blue ones? and I am no even talking about the lack of female officer with the superior variant of the trait, yeah that's totally fair for sure
Captain
# 54
02-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Its been over a week since we had any word on what changes/fixes are coming to these boffs, any chance of getting an update on if and when we can see some improvements?
Lieutenant
# 55
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
To clarify the above, I wasn't asking for a change because I messed up. If I had messed up, I'd chalk it up to user error and buy the correct boff. But hey, there -isn't- one to buy!

Green Tac: promises extra crit and delivers.
Blue Tac: promises extra crit and delivers.
Purple Tac: promises extra crit yet does nothing of the sort.

I'm hoping we'll get both male and female Rommies sorted out sooner rather than later. It really sucks that the shiny new goodies are bugged, glitched or soon to be nerfed into the ground more often than not.
Captain
# 56
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarruu View Post
To clarify the above, I wasn't asking for a change because I messed up. If I had messed up, I'd chalk it up to user error and buy the correct boff. But hey, there -isn't- one to buy!

Green Tac: promises extra crit and delivers.
Blue Tac: promises extra crit and delivers.
Purple Tac: promises extra crit yet does nothing of the sort.

I'm hoping we'll get both male and female Rommies sorted out sooner rather than later. It really sucks that the shiny new goodies are bugged, glitched or soon to be nerfed into the ground more often than not.
The problem with the purples is they do say when you hover your mouse over them that they improve critical chance, if you right click them though to look at what that critical bonus % is, like you would see with the blue and greens, it shows they have the subterfuge trait i think it is, the one the engineers and science have. So either the hover over tooltip is wrong, or more likely they just have the wrong trait.

Would also like to see some resolution to the not stacking, considering that i spent about 160k dilithium across 3 characters when hey did stack.
Captain
# 57
02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
From the tribble patch notes, coming to a holodeck near you thursday I would presume.

Quote:
Updated Romulan Traits:
  • Renamed the Covert Operative traits to Romulan Operative to avoid it being confused with the "Covert" trait.
  • The Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits now can stack with themselves if the player has multiple Bridge Officers with the same trait.
    • For example, having two officers with Romulan Operative will now provide the combined bonuses from both officers.
  • Decreased the critical hit chance provided by the Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits to 1%, 1.5%, and 2%, respectively.
  • The Basic Romulan Operative, Romulan Operative, and Superior Romulan Operative traits now also provide a slight increase to critical severity.
    • The increases are 2.5%, 3.75%, and 5% Critical Severity, respectively.
Captain
# 58
02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Seems fair to me. Not as lethal as it was before (I was getting almost double my critical hit with just the uncommon officers).
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-11-2013, 03:31 AM
They're still going to be completely broken and overbudgeted. http://www.stowiki.org/Starship_ener...specialization

You get 2.0% crit chance from 27,000 skill points. Minus the crit severity bonus, you'll get a net dps increase about half what you get from 9 ranks in the skill (assuming you have approximately equally budgeted bonuses in critd/h beforehand). Comparatively, efficient boffs give 7.5 skill levels, compared to the ~50 these will be worth, even after the nerf.

Stop failing at basic arithmetic and design balanced stats. The budget in this game for Crit chance vs severity has made seemingly small amounts of crit chance extremely valuable, and 2% is about 7 times more powerful than these stupid things should be worth.
Zekkie@h33r0yuy
Captain
# 60
02-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heero139 View Post
They're still going to be completely broken and overbudgeted. http://www.stowiki.org/Starship_ener...specialization

You get 2.0% crit chance from 27,000 skill points. Minus the crit severity bonus, you'll get a net dps increase about half what you get from 9 ranks in the skill (assuming you have approximately equally budgeted bonuses in critd/h beforehand). Comparatively, efficient boffs give 7.5 skill levels, compared to the ~50 these will be worth, even after the nerf.

Stop failing at basic arithmetic and design balanced stats. The budget in this game for Crit chance vs severity has made seemingly small amounts of crit chance extremely valuable, and 2% is about 7 times more powerful than these stupid things should be worth.
These boffs require a fleet that has put a ton of resources into building an embassy and then further cost the individual even more, 20k dil and 80k fcs. These are not some cheap boffs that should be worthless. If you choose not to spend your resources to get them or not to be a part of a fleet with access to them thats your choice. If that puts you at a disadvantage in pvp then good, players who have put the work into accessing these deserve to have an advantage. I am sick and tired of this nerf everything till its next to worthless attitude that so many people have.

The 3.8% stacking while enjoyable was overpowered, the new version is a reasonable middle ground.