Lt. Commander
# 101
09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
These questions can never be answered properly considering everyone plays at variable times and "intensity".
That is true, but I bet Cryptic has a model of how much time they think the average gamer will play and how long it will take them to advance.
Lt. Commander
# 102
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
will the Klingon ranks/ progression be the same?
Lt. Commander
# 103
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpaladin View Post
That is true, but I bet Cryptic has a model of how much time they think the average gamer will play and how long it will take them to advance.
Which would be incorrect. I remember vividly when Bungie said Halo:ODST was a 12 hour game(took 4 playing on hardest difficulty, with only one other person the first time through), and when Capcom said RE5 was a 20 hour game(I've never met ANYONE who took more then 10 hours). In fact out of every "official" length based question/answer I have never seen one even remotely close, have you?
Lt. Commander
# 104
09-30-2009, 12:52 PM
As you and your grew gain more experience and rank, are they forced to take higher level ships? Or can they remain in lower rank ships?
Lt. Commander
# 105
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Which would be incorrect. I remember vividly when Bungie said Halo:ODST was a 12 hour game(took 4 playing on hardest difficulty, with only one other person the first time through), and when Capcom said RE5 was a 20 hour game(I've never met ANYONE who took more then 10 hours). In fact out of every "official" length based question/answer I have never seen one even remotely close, have you?
Actually yeah. BUT I am not one of those play it til I beat it types. I have to work and such. There are alwasy exceptions to the rule. Heck I am still playing NWN2 and have not completed it LOL
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-30-2009, 01:15 PM
How does a player collect ships?

Is there a limit on the number of ships a single player can own dependant on storage space, tier system etc... and if so is there anything either limiting a player owning all of the ships (not nessisarily in the game, but in your faction) or if there is a limit, say for instance, only 3 ships can be stored, could you own the 3 highest-rated ships in the game (eg. the NX-91001, Discovery & Vigilant Class) and then just swap-out between them on request?
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
For us altaholics, how long would you say it would take for us to get to the "endgame" content? Is there more to it than simply grinding our way to the best ship class(or if we're really bad, then even a halfway decent ship class) and then rerolling? I know there is a random content generator, but how heavily will that factor in to player progression?
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Will species play a role in limiting or enhancing skill possibilities and/or costs and there-by effect player progression? After all, somethings just come easier to some.
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-30-2009, 02:50 PM
a few questions.

1 how do you learn to fly new ships? do you do this whit the same skill points that you would use on say fasers, torpedo's and shields or is there some another mechanism in play?
2 can you first focus on getting a big/high up ship or do you need spend x point in another category to do this?
3 is there a way to respec if you decided to change your tactics for using primarily fazers to torpedo's ? or do you need to start from scratch since you will eventually be able to learn all space skills?
4 if a respec is possible what will be the mechanism? will it cost you merit is there a cool-down or both?

thank you
Lt. Commander
# 110
09-30-2009, 03:11 PM
If your ship is heavily damage in combat, will your bridge be heavily damage aswell???