Captain
Building a map in the sky. Wh.y do floor platforms not stay at the level I put them at? I put a block platform at Y= 900 for example and when I playtest the map it is way lower than alll the other items I put in the map. The only fix I can find is adding to the y value of the platform until it lines up eg if the walls and other objects are at Y= 900 I must place the floor platform at Y= 950. Anyone else have this problem?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 2
02-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Use a calculator.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
You need to switch the Y relative to Zero Altitude too. By default it is set to Terrain which isn't uniform on ground maps.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 4
02-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
You need to switch the Y relative to Zero Altitude too. By default it is set to Terrain which isn't uniform on ground maps.
Yeah I already am doing that.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 5
02-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Something really strange is going on. That shouldn't be happening if you're using Y relative to zero.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 6
02-11-2013, 05:03 AM
I feel your pain. I ran into a frustrating problem over the weekend while I was editing my mission. All of my NPCs and NPC Groups lost their rotation. It was still set in their properties, but they all defaulted back to a rotation of zero degrees.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong. A reload of the Foundry was met with the same thing. So I logged out completely for the night and when I logged in the next day, everything was back to normal. *Shrug*
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Yeah I already am doing that.
Shot in the dark, but are you doing it for every object?

@greendragoon
Captain
# 8
02-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Shot in the dark, but are you doing it for every object?
yessir i am. I made sure to go back and change any i missed.

Starfleet Veteran
# 9
02-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Something to consider, the relative zero will bypass all the obnoxious geometry of the maps and make everything level, but and i stress the BUT if you toggle between turning off snap to grid this will screw with your placement to NO end

basically if you place an item, lets say at y of 2 with snap to grid turned off, then turn it on and touch that item again, it will move to its nearest grid component, lets say 1.6...

its a pain in the <expletive> and i really really REALLY wish that they could implement some sort of config file that remembers to keep that bloody option TURNED OFF IF I TURN IT OFF
Captain
# 10
02-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
Something to consider, the relative zero will bypass all the obnoxious geometry of the maps and make everything level, but and i stress the BUT if you toggle between turning off snap to grid this will screw with your placement to NO end

basically if you place an item, lets say at y of 2 with snap to grid turned off, then turn it on and touch that item again, it will move to its nearest grid component, lets say 1.6...

its a pain in the <expletive> and i really really REALLY wish that they could implement some sort of config file that remembers to keep that bloody option TURNED OFF IF I TURN IT OFF
That is probably whats wrong. That is the way it is with video game "software" they're Cryptic not Adobe.