Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 127
# 231
02-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
Priceless to you as you dont have one and hate others that do,,,for those of us who do have it,,,we spent a lot of money and or a hell of a lot of time grinding to get a ship with these stats and for them to turn around and nerf it is bogus.

If they want to up some stats on other escorts thats fine.

Dont nerf what i worked hard for as well as dropped money on too.
Said as if the Great Science Nerf never happened.
Do you think you really have spent more for your crutch ship, than us Sci guys / mvam drivers have spent in respecs over the last few years to keep our sci abilities as viable as possible?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 585
# 232
02-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Doesn't matter-he paid for the license to use it.
You ought to go back and read the Term's of Service. No matter how much money you pump into the game for stuff in game, ain't a one bit of it your's and Cryptic reserves the right to alter it how they see fit.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 196
# 233
02-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by maximus614
Priceless to you as you dont have one and hate others that do,,,for those of us who do have it,,,we spent a lot of money and or a hell of a lot of time grinding to get a ship with these stats and for them to turn around and nerf it is bogus.

If they want to up some stats on other escorts thats fine.

Dont nerf what i worked hard for as well as dropped money on too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
Said as if the Great Science Nerf never happened.
Do you think you really have spent more for your crutch ship, than us Sci guys / mvam drivers have spent in respecs over the last few years to keep our sci abilities as viable as possible?

just because you paid for it doent mean that something doent need to be done oh and before you say that i only hate because i dont have i DO so thats how i know its op.


ditto on the sci thing btw
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 196
# 234
02-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by maximus614
Priceless to you as you dont have one and hate others that do,,,for those of us who do have it,,,we spent a lot of money and or a hell of a lot of time grinding to get a ship with these stats and for them to turn around and nerf it is bogus.

If they want to up some stats on other escorts thats fine.

Dont nerf what i worked hard for as well as dropped money on too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
Said as if the Great Science Nerf never happened.
Do you think you really have spent more for your crutch ship, than us Sci guys / mvam drivers have spent in respecs over the last few years to keep our sci abilities as viable as possible?

just because you paid for it doesn't mean that something doent need to be done oh and before you say that i only hate because i dont have i DO so that's how i know its op. i paid for my dred and it got nerfed to death after all


ditto on the sci thing btw






sorry for the 2X post
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 120
# 235
02-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post
Said as if the Great Science Nerf never happened.
Do you think you really have spent more for your crutch ship, than us Sci guys / mvam drivers have spent in respecs over the last few years to keep our sci abilities as viable as possible?

Not sure which nerfs your talking about maybe happened before i started playing,,,but if what you just said is true than trust me, im on your side, i dont think thats cool at all to have us work our butts off and drop money only to nerf what we worked so hard at.

I wanted that nice omega tier 4 regen for shields and got it,,worked great with omega shields, then not even a week later its nerfed to hell,,was like 1k regen, now its something like 200, i would have never picked it had it been 200,,now i need to respec to get out of it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 120
# 236
02-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverashes1 View Post
Originally Posted by maximus614
Priceless to you as you dont have one and hate others that do,,,for those of us who do have it,,,we spent a lot of money and or a hell of a lot of time grinding to get a ship with these stats and for them to turn around and nerf it is bogus.

If they want to up some stats on other escorts thats fine.

Dont nerf what i worked hard for as well as dropped money on too.





just because you paid for it doent mean that something doent need to be done oh and before you say that i only hate because i dont have i DO so thats how i know its op.


ditto on the sci thing btw


Not trying to be a d##k but do people have reading comprehension? I didnt say that i "payed" for everything i have, i said i also grinded my butt off. I sell practically everything i get unless it fits my ship build and i need it,,,i visit kerrat quite a bit,,i grind for dilith too, i didnt just "pay" my way through this.

I understand criptic has the right to change whatever they want, im only stating that its bogus to let people drop money and or grind to get something they really want only to turn around and nerf it because now its not the same thing you sought after anymore,,,and i agree with the guy on the sci thing too and im a tac.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 120
# 237
02-11-2013, 08:28 AM
In other words how would you feel if you worked your butt off for a year to get your favorite car, then finally bought it, and a month after getting to play with it the dealership took it back and "nerfed it" its now no longer the car that you worked so hard to get its something less.

Im just saying that is a lousy practice is all.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 163
# 238
02-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Doesn't matter-he paid for the license to use it.

I bumped into one that HAD to be a "Lucky drop" from a lockbox today over Ker'rat-I say that, because my BoP just isn't quick AND hard-hitting enough to take down a Jem'bug that's even half-ass properly equipped on my onesies, and the pilot didn't even TRY to evade or do any self-defense buffs.

(How do I know this? because with that Impulse mod an turn rate, I know for a fact I can't keep up with one...)

What makes it unusual, is that I was able to chase down and kill this gentleman not once, but twice in the same instance.


NOT a Decloak ambush, chase-down-and-kill.

which is, statistically, damned near impossible in what I'm running unless the opposition pilot's green as grass with a bad build, sitting AFK or letting a bot do the driving.

which of course goes to "Thank Finagle there's bad pilots or I'd never get any kills at all."
lol, that might have been me. I pop into Ker'rat every now and again to farm loot. I'm not really to concerned with PVP, I go in to target borg and the mission obj to get the loot to drops for the exchange or sell to vendors for quick EC. I've had a bug since the first Q reward and I have it outfitted all MK XII purples and know how to use it. I just ignore the klinks in Ker'rat. So if one goes for me I dont really want to waste my buffs against a klink when I need it against a cube in hopes to get MK XII drops for the quick turn around. Also if the timer is down to 1:00 minute I dont buff at all and save it for the net round. Plus if you get popped in ker'rat, there is no damage penalty so who cares.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 120
# 239
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenatl View Post
lol, that might have been me. I pop into Ker'rat every now and again to farm loot. I'm not really to concerned with PVP, I go in to target borg and the mission obj to get the loot to drops for the exchange or sell to vendors for quick EC. I've had a bug since the first Q reward and I have it outfitted all MK XII purples and know how to use it. I just ignore the klinks in Ker'rat. So if one goes for me I dont really want to waste my buffs against a klink when I need it against a cube in hopes to get MK XII drops for the quick turn around. Also if the timer is down to 1:00 minute I dont buff at all and save it for the net round. Plus if you get popped in ker'rat, there is no damage penalty so who cares.


I have done this too,,,sometimes i like the pvp against klinks and ill hand around to fight them,,,other times when it restarts i haul ass out of there and focus on loot,,,it is annoying though when you focus on loot and a klink stays cloaked and waits for you to engage borg then pops out of nowhere from behind and kills you while your taking on a cube or something lol but thats kerrat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 141
# 240
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
Dont nerf what i worked hard for as well as dropped money on too.
The only nerf I've seen people seriously suggest for the bug is to reduce it's turn rate to a point where it is still the best of any escort.

Right now the bug is equal or better than every escort in every respect except for the number of science consoles. No one has suggested changing that, just reducing it's turn rate to 17 or 18.

Except for the JHAS and the Wells, ships of a certain class have turn rates withing a certain range. Cruisers range from 6-8, Science Vessels 11-13, and Escorts are 16-17. As long as ships fall into those narrow ranges, their turn rate isn't compensated by a significant difference in other areas. The Assault Cruiser and Star Cruiser for example are nearly carbon-copies of one another in most ways despite the Assault cruiser being more maneuverable.

The Bug is broken because it is a best-in-class escort in every other way, but with far better turning than any other escort. "Nerfing" it's turn down to 17 would still leave the bug equal to or better than every other escort. Similarly,the Wells should probably have it's turn rate brought in line with science ships at around 13.

Alternatively, if other escorts were buffed into the the JHAS's class that might help, but it the turn rates for escorts were buffed up to 19-20 instead of 15-16, and science ships up to 13-15 instead of 11-13, then every other ship in the game would need turn rates increased too. It seems more sane to just make the JHAS turn like an escort, and the Wells turn like a science ship.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.