Career Officer
# 181
02-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmaaaaaaans View Post
You cant transfer ore..
He probably means exchange it to Zen and then (on another character) change it back again, though you would of course lose a little on the market value.

Still, on topic, I would agree that these things being bound is idiotic at best. I've over 150 of them. That's 150 days worth of playing. We can only refine 8,000 a day, so why can't we just use all the claims up in a single day too? It's not like we're going to be able to get the ore any quicker. It's a similar issue to the officer reports mission, what does it matter if the mission takes two minutes (out of the currently required 15) if there is a cooldown on the mission anyway? It's ludicrous.

These Dilithium Claims are, quite simply, the reason I'm refusing to open any more lock boxes. They're going to be lingering in my inventory for quite some time. Then I've got to travel all the way to that Asteroid on a daily basis when I could be doing other things.
Captain
# 182
02-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
At this rate it will take me about 2 YEARS to go throught the 180 claims. This is a total joke.
It is. The punchline isn't what you guys think it is. But it is amusing.
# 183
02-10-2013, 10:36 PM
They are kinda worth it if you can get them i have gotten up to 5,000 Dilithium in one shot 3 times in the last three i used if you get up past 700points that is when you get the 5,000 Dilithium that is all ready half of your Dilithium daily requirement. Not sure if any body else has gotten that much but most likely.
Empire Veteran
# 184
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Dude you lucky think it bugged out on me i got next ti a while lot of feck all

I agree the claims should be sellable and transferable with a max use of 5 per day
Starfleet Veteran
# 185
02-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
He probably means exchange it to Zen and then (on another character) change it back again, though you would of course lose a little on the market value.
If you do it right you won't lose a thing, and you still can't transfer ore...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Lieutenant
# 186
02-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Personally i couldn't give a toss about the cool downs, Account bound i can even understand.

I've never known a prize with such restrictions!

Bound to character.
20 Hr CD.

I have 126 of these suckers sat in my bank (packed 6 purple boxes and 11 blues). Granted that's not as many as some folk on here but id love to be able to either use them with the cd on my other toons, or be able to blast through a large number of them while im on the rock with one toon.

What use is the account bank when most of the stuff we want to transfer we cant and the junk we can put in there we can mail anyway?

Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
Ensign
# 187
02-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
Each VIP claim comes with 10 tokens, which you can turn in for a daily mining mission. You don't need anything other then the EV Suit you already need for the normal mining daily. When you get to the asteroid, talk to the mining NPC; there's a new mission, besides the normal mining daily. You take that and ask where the FDMAA guy is, then you'll beam out to the part of the asteroid where the deposit is and talk to the NPC there. if you have a token in either your bank or your inventory, he'll let you mine once per day. After you turn in the token, the rest works just like the normal dil mining daily, except you only have to mine one spot.

The tokens are bound to character (a point of much contention on the forums) so you can't sell them.
Got one of these, yay!

However, I've done everything necessary. Mission is in progress - I can go directly to rich vein from the airlock - Vein is highlighted in the minimap - tried all veins - other people are mining... but I can't mine.

Probably something I'm doing wrong, I left and came back too but no joy.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks
Corbormite
Ensign
# 188
02-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbormite View Post
Got one of these, yay!

However, I've done everything necessary. Mission is in progress - I can go directly to rich vein from the airlock - Vein is highlighted in the minimap - tried all veins - other people are mining... but I can't mine.

Probably something I'm doing wrong, I left and came back too but no joy.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks
Corbormite
lol ok I'm dumb. Although you can start the mission you still have to unpack the box. It was in my bank so I couldn't see it wasn't opened automatically.
Captain
# 189
02-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbormite View Post
lol ok I'm dumb. Although you can start the mission you still have to unpack the box. It was in my bank so I couldn't see it wasn't opened automatically.
Brain farts happen to even experienced players. The other day I teamed to do Epohhs tagging. We all ran off to do it and I was shocked to find I couldn't tag.

Turns out that I forgot to take the mission in the first place.

It worked out fine. The others were pretty fast and I got caught up soon enough.

So don't sweat it.
# 190 Dilithium mining claim
02-25-2013, 06:12 AM
Hey,

So i wanted to ask whats the idea behind having multiple "dili mining claims" when you can only use one in 20hour and its bound to character. So lets say, i would have about 509 of them (and i do) that would take me 509 days to spend them. We have this 8k dili refine cap so i dont see why cant we grind them all at once.

Something doesnt really make sense to me on this one. So my suggestion is to let players to use them all at once! That would defenatly make lifetimer autogrind a real perk. Give us some slack on this one and let us use them all at once. That might also feel like a real reward from lock box -now its more like "oh buggers...another one of these space/inventory eaters"

Out of curiousity, who has the most dili claims?!