Captain
# 1 heal through enemy
02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
anyone remember when this was the default?

back when you could have an enemy targets and if they had someone friendly targeted you could heal that friendly without ever selecting them?

why was this removed? the tool tip in game still says it's done that way but its not.

fix this please. its very very pvp related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 2
02-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
fix this please. its very very pvp related.
It is however not limited to pvp and a great idea so I second this
Captain
# 3
02-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Wouldn't this cause problems if you wanted to heal yourself since you would have to deselect enemy every time and break sensor analysis if you are sci.
Captain
# 4
02-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Assist target on attack: On/Off

If enabled, attempting to attack a friend or heal an enemy will instead change your target to your target's target and then activate the ability.

The way that reads, if I'm there with Bill fighting Tom and Jerry - if Bill's got Tom targeted and I've got Bill targeted, if I trigger say SNB - it's going to switch my target from Bill to Tom and then trigger SNB. If I've got Jerry targeted and Jerry's got Bill targeted, if I trigger say TSS - it's going to switch my target from Jerry to Bill and then trigger TSS.

The typical MMO thing doesn't actually switch the targets - it just attacks the target of target or heals the target of target. Did it work that way in STO? I honestly can't remember. I'm usually just setting the focus target, then when it switches the target for whatever reason, I switch back.

A thing that RIFT did that I thought was cool was having both Offensive and Defensive Focus Targets. That way, in a non-team scenario where I might not have access to hitting a function key to select somebody - I could still set that primary target and the healer if they needed some love.

Then again, along those lines, something I miss from EVE is locking multiple targets. I've always found it odd that while STO will track all the targets, you can only lock one at a time and then if you want to switch, you've got to hunt them down by seeing if somebody on the team's got them locked - tabbing through - or hoping that you can click them without causing cursor tails and desync.