Commander
# 1 Galaxy Map - Future
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I figured I would share an imagining if you will, of the Future STO Galaxy Map years from now.
I compared many available maps already created of the Trek-Verse and put into account the STO year being 2409, so there will be some expansions and such.

Please bare in mind it is very rough and I was limited by paint; Galaxy Map.
Here is the Original Map; Original Galaxy Map.
My revision: Galaxy Map Version 2

If you look closely I added a few ideas or snippets for future stories.
()Enterprise - J Wreckage
()Son'a-Breen Buffer (War Perhaps)
()Hirogen Colony and satelites
()A new Species to pit against just the Klingon and TBA Romulan Factions.
()Fek'lhr territory for just the Klingon Faction.
()Second Dyson Sphere
()Multiple Races/powers to explore as well as the Expanse
()Whole Regions devoted to Foundry

What do you think?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 02-16-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
It looks great! I can't wait until we get there, step by step.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-11-2013, 02:49 PM
They used the "Star Trek: Star Charts" maps as a basis for the in-game one, the Son'a homeworld would be located in the Risa Sector of the Sirius Sector Block going by it.

Maybe when they make the map bigger, and move Gamma Orionis down further, they can add in the Tholian Assembly into the game proper too.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 02-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Commander
# 4
02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
They used the "Star Trek: Star Charts" maps as a basis for the in-game one, the Son'a homeworld would be located in the Risa Sector of the Sirius Sector Block going by it.

Maybe when they make the map bigger, and move Gamma Orionis down further, they can add in the Tholian Assembly into the game proper too.
However in no episode or novel those the Son'a location get told and in Vanguard the Tholians border both the UFP and Klingon Empire.
Meanwhile the Talarians are bordering UFP while being close to the Klingons and Cardassians... So that basic positioning the most 'Series AND Novel' freindly.
The reason I didn't swap the Son'a and Tzenketi positions is because it opens up a conflict with breen possibility and the close boarder with Ferengi space would give them high economical possibilitys for their early conquer and pillaging days. 'see memory-alpha'.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Republic Veteran
# 5
02-11-2013, 05:07 PM
The Son'a should be assumed to be near Cardassian space since they also fell under the control of the Dominion. However, it is presumable that they would not have ventured too far from their home planet in the Briar Patch (Regulus Sector Block).
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
However in no episode or novel those the Son'a location get told and in Vanguard the Tholians border both the UFP and Klingon Empire.
Meanwhile the Talarians are bordering UFP while being close to the Klingons and Cardassians... So that basic positioning the most 'Series AND Novel' freindly.
The reason I didn't swap the Son'a and Tzenketi positions is because it opens up a conflict with breen possibility and the close boarder with Ferengi space would give them high economical possibilitys for their early conquer and pillaging days. 'see memory-alpha'.
The series (DS9) also states that Cardassian space borders the Romulan Star Empire, which would be hard to see on a map like this. The perils of using 2D maps to represent 3D space I guess.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 7
02-11-2013, 05:37 PM
I would say that the Breen and the Gorn are in wrong places.the gorn are closer to the Romulan space as they natuaral enemies.The Brren should be in between Cardasia space and the Klingon Empire.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
I have to say, I love the map... now just do one for the Gamma and Delta Quadrants too..
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I figured I would share an imagining if you will, of the Future STO Galaxy Map years from now.
I compared many available maps already created of the Trek-Verse and put into account the STO year being 2409, so there will be some expansions and such.

Please bare in mind it is very rough and I was limited by paint; Galaxy Map.
Here is the Original Map; Original Galaxy Map.

If you look closely I added a few ideas or snippets for future stories.
()Enterprise - J Wreckage
()Son'a-Breen Buffer (War Perhaps)
()Hirogen Colony and satelites
()A new Species to pit against just the Klingon and TBA Romulan Factions.
()Fek'lhr territory for just the Klingon Faction.
()Second Dyson Sphere
()Multiple Races/powers to explore as well as the Expanse

What do you think?
I like it but shouldn't the Gorn and Tholians be on the Fed border?
Republic Veteran
# 10
02-11-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm going to Ditto the complaints about the Son'a. Besides, shouldn't they all be dead by now? They were dying in Insurrection and those who didn't return to the planet are dead to me anyway.

Otherwise, I agree that the game has plenty of potential to grow beyond its current size. I could even argue that an entire Dominion Faction would work great.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.