Captain
I've seen all the bridge packs, but only bought 2. Some of them look similar to the bridges that are available for free, and others just don't seem to fit your ship (a Prometheus bridge on a Vesta for instance, where those huge pictures of the Prometheus class give it away).

So I just wanted to ask... if we were allowed to design our own bridges, would you go for it? And what elements would go into designing a starship bridge?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
This would be a pretty cool idea if we had the tools to do it.

Like an editor to move around the consoles and chairs and stuff.
Captain
# 3
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Well that depends, most ships already have bridges that we've seen, so would they be updates, additions, or bridges we've never seen? I don't really know what you mean. :/
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2013, 06:41 PM
They're already talking about incorporating Foundry elements into bridge design. I tried to find the thread in which one of the devs (taco, I think) confirmed that this is being considered, but I can't seem to dig up the link right now.

And, yes, I would go for it. I think the majority of players would. Individuality sells in these kinds of games.
Ensign
# 5
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
What janusforbeare said.

Come Neverwinter Online, we might get tools from that game incorporated into STO, and I'm pretty sure I read something about customizing bridges by that tool, although I can't seem to find the link atm as well.
Mia clementia denor esto.
Captain
# 6
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
They're already talking about incorporating Foundry elements into bridge design. I tried to find the thread in which one of the devs (taco, I think) confirmed that this is being considered, but I can't seem to dig up the link right now.

And, yes, I would go for it. I think the majority of players would. Individuality sells in these kinds of games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusivenman View Post
What janusforbeare said.

Come Neverwinter Online, we might get tools from that game incorporated into STO, and I'm pretty sure I read something about customizing bridges by that tool, although I can't seem to find the link atm as well.

That's the Interior Development thread. It's in my signature.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 7
02-11-2013, 08:53 PM
June's Ask Cryptic talks about using the Neverwinter Foundry to create customizable interiors.
Ensign
# 8
02-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh man. I would love it if they actually let us do that!

I'd blow up a entire planet like Nero if it meant that I got to do something like that.
Lieutenant
# 9
02-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post

I would change my bridge around, even consider a package that would help me to do it. Maybe not actually foot the cash, but as a pay to play I would spend some Zen on it. That quote above nails the sentiment on the head.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

"Maybe space is not the final frontier," - Luke Minhere