# 71
02-11-2013, 07:59 PM
My Excelsior refit i always come back to her
Captain
# 72
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
I picked up and built a Hope/Horizon hybrid for my Sci toon, but then I looked over at the Nebula and fell for that sucker hard. I shelled out the zen and blasted through Cdr. rank way too fast with that ship, and then got the Sci boat I was really after: the Intrepid. I still have that funny-looking bubbleship in my dockyard though, and I use her occasionally to sector-hop for DOff missions. Maybe if and when I can be bothered to join up with another fleet I'll build him a Fleet refit.

And then my Fed engineer toon just reached commander as the three-year anniversary came up, so even though he has a Hope-class too he's off in his new Ambassador-class and not looking back.
The Hope is the Napoleon Dynamite of starships.
# 73
02-11-2013, 08:24 PM
My B'rel. Even with all the other z-store and Fleet ships I have for KDF and Fed like Vesta, Oddy, Bortasqu, Fleet Defiant, Fleet Armitage, Fleet Regent, Fleet Somraw, Fleet Hoh'sus, Fleet Recon Sci, Karfi, Fleet Torhkat, and Breen Chel Grett, my B'rel still gets about as much play time as all the rest of my ships combined.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Intrepid Retrofit. Large reason why I'm such a heavy grinder for my fleet is to eventually get the fleet version.

Side-note, really interesting to see the love for the Fleet Nova/Rhode Island, was considering that already as a temp option. Hmmm.
Career Officer
# 75
02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
My sci always ends up back in her Atrox, and her MV when she wants something that can actually move.

My tac always ends up back in her Kar'Fi, and most recently her Gumby when she wants something that moves a bit better.

I can't get out of my carriers. No matter what I do they reel me back in.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Survivor of Romulus
# 76
02-11-2013, 11:17 PM
I have all ships of z store xcept MVAM.

On my engineer: i started with my first z store ship, regent. Powerful, versatile and has teeth whenever u wanna bite. Bought it on its 'first day first show'

2 weeks back I got the galaxy retro. Never used it but bought fleet galaxy and put saus sep on that. F-galaxy has no teeth, or very few. But, as an engineer i love it. Unable to go back to Regent.

Tac: i started with armitage. It was good, no complaints. Good damage and semi tankish. Can take some beating. 3 days back I got defiant retrofit. And the way it tear things.. I'm amazed.

SCI: i dont play much on it but i got the vesta. I run elite stfs on it, with gear bought off from xchange and I dont die. That says something alone about it.

Klink tax: from mirror quinn raptor, to lockbox vo'quv. I returned back to my VA Heghta heavy BoP. I'm one of few xaptains comfortable with bops decloak-strike-cloak-hull heal-decloak strike strat. In stfs i dont get destroyed alot, sometimes not at all. Capable of takin down a transformer cube all by myself in KA. Love that ship.

Last edited by captainwestbrook; 02-11-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Captain
# 77
02-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Reason: fat and fugly. Vor'cha is so much more of a pleasure to fly.
Yes, Vor'chas in the Vor'Kang skin are my prefered STO ships. But the Bortas('Qu) should still make a nice (and very damaging) beamboat. I'm looking forward to not having to cope with the ensign eng.

And to get to the topic again: I should probably also mention the Hegh'ta of my KDF main. Since the Bortas didn't deliver, I stayed with it for a long time. And the Hegh'ta is just the greatest fun to fly in anything else than (elite) STFs. Ever present plasma torps make it a bit hard to use there.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 78
02-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Well - returned to my [Fleet] Rhode Island after some heavy Fleet Intrepid use.

The Fleet Intrepid was great, and whilst I realise that it has superior hull and shields, the Lt Tactical BOFF slot is a little underwhelming, and I missed the Lt-Cmdr boff that the Fleet Nova gives - with that extra tac ability I can slot a boff with a mine dispersal pattern and GWIII - Tric mine + Transphasic cluster torpedo the enemy.

I guess there is the ablative generator that the Intrepid can use, but considering how the Borg spam plasma faster than your average spambot, that wasn't a huge advantage either.

So, anyway, with the Fleet Nova receiving a shield boost in today's patch, the only real advantages that the Fleet Intrepid has are the increased hull and ability to equip the ablative generator. Not an overwhelming superior advantage in my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 02-14-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 79
02-14-2013, 09:57 AM
My Klingon alt Kat'an used to fly the Galor... but the Breen Battleship works with him nicely...

I do love the Fleet Nova Class but run my Tac Vesta still
Survivor of Remus
# 80
02-14-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm still doing a lot of experimenting, but I've grown pretty fond of my horrible Tholian Orb Weaver. It's ugly and sluggish, but Triangle Ship is forged out of pure victronium.