Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay > PvP Boot Camp
Login

Captain
# 11
02-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
Is there a way to do a "quiz" on a website as part of the test? Maybe 15 questions total- 5 from each of the pervious lessons, open note (ie they can have the Hilbert guide on hand if needed) and the after the quiz a live fire exercise?
Yeah, we can do this via surveymonkey I think. Not a bad idea, mai kai .

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 12
02-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
"Sir, they are bombarding us from orbit!"

"Relax Ensign. Its just Have trying to land after another night of partying and Puging"

"Sir? Then who is that other vessel just flying in circles shooting at everything?"

"Roach. Asleep again at the helm with his finger on the trigger or awake thinking the button labeled FIRE adds more kick to his bloodwine everytime he clicks it."
I trust this is from one of the glorious episodes of Gates of Stovokor! Qapla!

@gradstudent1
Career Officer
# 13
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Can I ask a question please? Would we be required to respec/regear/etc for the graduation test or fight as is? I had kinda hoped to do that after the bootcamp with the token given out. This way we don't end up having to respec a second time in case we find out the build planned for after doesn't really work. My ship is quite capable 1v1 as is, but is very vulnerable to stuns and disables (Honestly who isn't?) so I can easily fail if Emoe sics his character Mini on all of us. I would have better chances after a respec, but just worried the test would be a little extreme for my current setup.

I worked out a skill build with Sargon by email, but was going to wait until after to respec into it. Lately I've just been working on getting the gear and it's going slooooow.
Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.

Last edited by bron; 02-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Captain
# 14
02-11-2013, 04:31 AM
I would prefer asking questions, like what you would have done in X situation, or how would you defend/attack against X ship, or how to proper equip and use proper BOFF`s etc etc.

I feel that gives me and furthermore us, a proper understanding of what the students has learned and can reconstruct what they have learned into proper practice.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 15
02-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bron View Post
Can I ask a question please? Would we be required to respec/regear/etc for the graduation test or fight as is? I had kinda hoped to do that after the bootcamp with the token given out. This way we don't end up having to respec a second time in case we find out the build planned for after doesn't really work. My ship is quite capable 1v1 as is, but is very vulnerable to stuns and disables (Honestly who isn't?) so I can easily fail if Emoe sics his character Mini on all of us. I would have better chances after a respec, but just worried the test would be a little extreme for my current setup.

I worked out a skill build with Sargon by email, but was going to wait until after to respec into it. Lately I've just been working on getting the gear and it's going slooooow.
You are not required to respec for the test. You will receive a respec token as part of graduation, but you don't need to do a full respec in order to graduation. Cheers, Bron!

@gradstudent1
Captain
# 16
02-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Some sort of field test would probably be ideal. If nothing else, it gets the body, the arms, and legs used to moving together in a way that, hopefully, doesn't end with repeated slapstick comedy.

Hell if I know how to organize it, though. Just a way to show the healers, debuffers, and damage dealers what it's like to work together against another group of players that's similarly working together.
Captain
# 17
02-11-2013, 08:24 PM
To say the truth, i don't want to turn people away from PvP, so the tests if necessary at all have to be fun and not feel like a test at all.

The idea of questions is a bit pointless as you might be able to give all the right answers but practicly not do a bean.

It should be done in such a manner that the students don't feel the mental burden of being put under test conditions. I know I wouldn't want to be tested on something I play for enjoyment.

Before ideas are put forward, please keep in mind what the spirit of boot camp is about. Growing interest in PvP with the rest of the STO community.

I personally wouldn't even have "tests". Why can't we leave it at those who attended all x classes get the reward?
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 18
02-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Ok thank you Sargon. I sent you a friend request ingame and it's been sitting there for like a week.
Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
Rihannsu
# 19
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Maybe the Graduation test should just simply be a series of 5v5 Matches:

5 Grads vs 5 Professors.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 20
02-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Maybe the Graduation test should just simply be a series of 5v5 Matches:

5 Grads vs 5 Professors.
Building on this idea, what about 4 students and 1 prof vs 4 students and 1 prof? The prof marks the opposing 4 students on their respected gameplay. The prof also takes a back seat in the match and follows the nominated team leader.

This way its not a face roll and its fun for everyone.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles