Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 11
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
One can only hope that the ST:O ground game would benefit from Cryptics experience with neverwinter.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 02-11-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Career Officer
# 12
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Nothing...

NW will mean nothing to STO... I don't really think we are going to see all that many changes in STO.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by causalityeffect View Post
The reality is... we really dont have the talent or incentive to do it when all you Star Trek fanboys will happily lap up any piece of eye candy trash we give you.
To quote myself from a post I made last week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
That's how free-to-play companies roll. At some point they move most of their developers over to work on a new game and start neglecting their old game. Most of the freeloaders leave as a result, allowing the company to shut down some servers and move those over to the new game as well. Now all that's left is a small group of hardcore players that keep spending money (also known as whales). The old game is now very lean but profitable, and the new game is ready to lure in the masses.
While I don't think many players will switch over to Neverwinter (but the more that switch, the better as far as PWE/Cryptic is concerned), at this point STO probably has enough whales and loyal fans that it doesn't really matter what Cryptic does or doesn't do to the game.
Captain
# 14
02-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Sheesh, the venom in this thread, that's the sort of thing that scares Devs away! Now they're probably not going to respond to this thread. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmack001 View Post
Logic has no place in these forums it never has.

As for neverwinter playing a role for STO i think it will be a good thing and what you have pointed out is worth reading
Thank you. Mods could stand to read the thread before they decide to do something with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
One can only hope that the ST:O ground game would benefit from Cryptics experience with neverwinter.
That's one of my biggest hopes! I didn't think that sort of system was going to work, but I was impressed in some ways with it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 15
02-11-2013, 11:43 PM
When Cryptic starts working on one project, there is usually a bleed over to the older games.
"This worked well here, so maybe it will work well there" type of thought process. Sometimes it is for the better, sometimes it is not. I bet for every whine you get, there are those that can show good examples of things crossing over from one game to the other.

Cryptic is a good company, despite what some of the trolls imply. My thinking is, if you don't like them, then go somewhere else. It is what I would do. You are free to not play. If you are so hooked on the game that you can't stop playing, no matter how miserable you are, then maybe it isn't the game.

As far as STO is concerned, it stands as a very entertaining game as is. I have just started playing recently (yes, I am a NOOB..lol) and can't even get my brain around one thing I want to accomplish before I see something else that I want to accomplish. I haven't even gotten into getting keys and opening boxes yet! I havent started on the Foundry, and that does interest me alot. That goes for CO as well, though to a lesser extent.

As far as taking players away from STO, Neverwinter will get their attention at first, of course. However, it will all even back out. I play STO, CO, and to a lesser degree, *** (Age of Conan). The ones that came from CoX seem to play both STO and CO as well. If Cryptic can continue to offer their games as a package type system, where you can communicate across the games, some things applying to one applies to the others, then they will continue to do well.

Are there negatives to Cryptic? There always are, to any company. There will always be those unhappy. Always those that take the quick route through everything and are upset that they arent being catered to. It just is what it is.

I dont think I will be rushing to Neverwinter. Then again, I didn't think I would be rushing to play STO either, yet, this is the one I am currently pay to play! I think it will be for the betterment of Cryptic as a whole, which will be to the betterment of Cryptic players.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

"Maybe space is not the final frontier," - Luke Minhere
Career Officer
# 16
02-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I know I get angry, but it's at Perfect World.

Cryptic is a good company, it's just run buy a greedy one.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Lieutenant
# 17
02-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post

Can't argue. I know Cryptic pretty well, as they founded CoH. I dont know Perfect World except for the last few months. I like the fact that they have integrated alot of the company together. Hopefully I didn't say anything that insulted you Crashdragon. My tone never reflects well in writing.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

"Maybe space is not the final frontier," - Luke Minhere
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post

Yes, because Atari was so much better right!? We play a F2P game (not even Pay2Win) and get updates regularly (for free!).

I'll bet most of the NW features will bleed over to STO, remember that NW is a different setting (D&D/Forgotten Realms, which attracts an different crowd). Do you really think players will go like: " Oh, STO now has proper scaled interiors, now I don't have to play Neverwinter anymore". That's not how it works.
Commander
# 19
02-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn03 View Post
I'll bet most of the NW features will bleed over to STO, remember that NW is a different setting (D&D/Forgotten Realms, which attracts an different crowd). Do you really think players will go like: " Oh, STO now has proper scaled interiors, now I don't have to play Neverwinter anymore". That's not how it works.
Yeah!

First they must roll a d20 for their saving throw!

Some NWN Player: "Ah crap, I rolled a 2..."

*The GM points the way back to NWN*
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-12-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 20
02-12-2013, 08:21 AM
What does NWM mean for STO? Three words, Elves in Space!

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010