Career Officer
# 141
02-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
Everyone knows of the Vulcan Nerve Pinch which was a non-lethal technique that left no physical marks or damage while rendering an opponent unconscious.

Romulans developed their own version of Nerve Pinching which was focused on the upper part of the face rather than the nerves near the neck. While non-lethal, the Romulan technique rendered their victims disfigured due to inducing nerve damage.

Since it was practiced at an early age for rites of passage, all Romulans bear disfigurement in the form of ridge-like protrusions usually near their forehead.

Good question, No idea! Am dying to hear the answer, too!
Well, my personal theory is some kind of genetic mutation due to some unknown reason... like environmental factors on Romulus and/or Remus... maybe the Romulans just had to have some Augment DNA too, after all those darn Klingons got it !

I also think that working in the mines for generations is what made the poor Remans
so fugly....

And just so you know, of course we Q are above limiting concepts such as time but we also like to be entertained.... so we rarely peek what's going to happen next... most of the time...
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 143
02-12-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Plus it couldn't have happened, all the 24th century Romulans went down with the Nerada.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
# 144
02-12-2013, 04:23 AM
Some time ago I wondered about replicators. How much would you normally replicate . I mean, you don't have to own a uniform, you just replicate a fresh one each morning. Need a nice suit for a diplomatic mission? Don't mind looking in the closet (you don't have one), just replicate it. After using your stuff, just recycle it like you do with your dishes. This would apply to all kind of gear, given that it fits through the replicator.

If this would be how it goes, owning stuff would be really different. You probably could fit everything in one suitecase. That makes storage space almost non-existant.
Commander
# 145
02-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Ah, the theory of Romulan Emolution... explains their penchant for self-harm, externalizing their pain, wearing black, and possessing wimpy genes.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Career Officer
# 146
02-12-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keestromp View Post
Some time ago I wondered about replicators. How much would you normally replicate . I mean, you don't have to own a uniform, you just replicate a fresh one each morning. Need a nice suit for a diplomatic mission? Don't mind looking in the closet (you don't have one), just replicate it. After using your stuff, just recycle it like you do with your dishes. This would apply to all kind of gear, given that it fits through the replicator.

If this would be how it goes, owning stuff would be really different. You probably could fit everything in one suitecase. That makes storage space almost non-existant.
There are most likely some things that are better unreplicated. Such as the stash of real alcohol Guinan kept under the bar.

Also, there is an energy cost to using the replicator, so absent virtually unlimited energy, it may make sense to keep some things in storage.

But, you're right. I never saw a closet on the Enterprise. At least, post-Kirk.

Porthos is not amused.
Lieutenant
# 147
02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Here's one. Why is it that whenever the holodeck malfunctions, the safety protocols are the first thing to go?
i blame the same shoddy workmanship that leads to consoles exploding in peoples faces every time anything untoward happens!
Lieutenant
# 148
02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post

I may be wrong, but I think I might've seen the occasional black Bajoran... Klingons have the same kind of ethnic diversity as Humans though, both Gowron and Martok were pretty white...

yes you're right actually, jake sisko marries a black bajoran woman in 'the visitor'

and you're right about gowron, he's about 2 bottles of blood wine away from shouting at strangers in a bus station. at least he's dressed for the part..
Captain
# 149
02-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
OMG!!!

O'Brien: "Computer, initiate White Water Fun 2."

*fizzle sounds*

Computer: "Acknowledged."

*cue banjo music*

O'Brien: "What the..."

[Time passes after hours of squealing.]
At least Burt Reynolds would eventually save the day

Quote:
Everyone knows of the Vulcan Nerve Pinch which was a non-lethal technique that left no physical marks or damage while rendering an opponent unconscious.
I forget where I read it, but there was suggestion that in the Ancient Times, the Nerve Pinch was used as a humane way of killing. I'm wondering if the quick application (as normally seen) causes unconsciousness, but if the contact was maintained, if it would eventually be fatal...
Captain
# 150
02-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keestromp View Post

I think you're probably right that many things would be replicated and recycled on a daily basis and it might only be a few personal keepsakes which people might want to keep permanently, like when Data tried to resign his commission to prevent himself being disassembled, he really didn't pack much in the way of possessions, because as you say, most other things like clothing etc, could always be replicated anew on a daily basis