Lt. Commander
# 2011
05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Yes, the Klingon "Support Expansion Efforts" gives prisoners instead of refugees.

There is a "Ferengi Cultural Exchange" assignment that I found last night (think it was in the Personal list, I'll check when I get home), pretty sure that was the first time I'd seen that assignment in 3 months of doffing - either they added it recently (I've noticed a lot of other "new" assignments as well), or it simply doesn't pop very often.
Lt. Commander
# 2012
05-11-2012, 12:34 AM
I got the Ferengi Cultural Exchange assignment yesterday, it takes two days and was in the Personal list, I'm guessing it'll pop up anywhere where you are, when I got it I was in Romulan space, it seems to be ultra rare because it was the first time I have ever seen it.
Ensign
# 2013
11-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Is it true that if you assign officers to duties that your ship will begin to generate raw dilithium?

Additionally, I am relatively new to the game...a level 21 Commander...and I find the game intoxicatingly addictive but frustratingly and intensely details/designed so this whole duty officer/assignment thing makes me more confused to understand it.

As a visual learner, is there a video out there (on youtube) that walks one through this process?
Captain
# 2014
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Certain DOff missions have D as a reward and I think that's the most of it.

At level 21 you should be relatively experienced The DOff system is a little convoluted but not too complex to make it useless. The guide on the first page is extremely helpful to get your feet wet and although i have not looked for a video on this aspect of STO, I can assure you that what is needed is time and patience.

Time in that you should devote a play session to stop and look at the screens you are looking at. I do not mean to sound trite, but it is worth hovering the mouse over ever icon and clicking on everything in the DO interface. In fact, the guide on Page 1 suggests you read each DOff dossier - and it's true.

Patience in that you will need to try something and waiting for some results expecting to fail.

I strongly recommend not using the DOffs at every opportunity. They will level you faster than your personal game experience. Sure, being VA is an accomplishment, but if you can't back that up with skills, then you are a liability to the team or you will cause more frustration to yourself solo.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 2015 space operation assets
01-02-2013, 08:21 AM
i recently got a doff that reduces my space operation assets. but i was wondering what space operational assets area. i figured it was a reduce all cooldown on space powers but it doesn't seem to be. can anyone explain to me what this doff does? thanks :-)
Empire Veteran
# 2016
01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
I think the doff you described is a quartermaster that reduces the fleet credit cost of operational assets/ one time use consumables that you can buy at your fleet's starbase Fleet Operations Quartermaster.
Ensign
# 2017
01-17-2013, 07:02 PM
no its a fabrication engineer and list the power as follows. decreases the cooldown of space operational assets by x%. not sure what space operational assets are.
Ensign
# 2018 help!!! please
02-12-2013, 06:26 AM
I read that doffs are stackable, Ive been trying but cant stack any, all it says is I can only equip 1 item of that type, are there only certain ones that can be stacked, ive tried many configurations but nothing really works, please help, thanks.
Ensign
I've been interested in the Doff part of the game but I've used up the 26 assignment slots and no more have appeared despite making it to rear Admiral. Is there something I have to do to get more? I haven't seen how slots are generated anywhere, whether its time or level based but after a few weeks I'm assuming its not time based. Any help gratefully received.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2020
02-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primial View Post
I've been interested in the Doff part of the game but I've used up the 26 assignment slots and no more have appeared despite making it to rear Admiral. Is there something I have to do to get more? I haven't seen how slots are generated anywhere, whether its time or level based but after a few weeks I'm assuming its not time based. Any help gratefully received.
you have have the embassy unlock and then goto new romulas and enter your embassy and goto shuttle bay talk to the npc i think its 50k fleet credits for 1st unlock.