Lt. Commander
# 1 MineTrap Leeches
02-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Im sure everyone is by now aware of certain individuals zoning into the minefield STF and then doing nothing. They go afk through the whole match and get free marks. At 1st you only saw this every 3rd-4th match but now its become quite common to see it every match. Why anyone would get a game only to not play it is beyond me, it puts a capital L in lazy, but its time the Cryptic team come up with a fix for this.

Last edited by magnumstar; 02-12-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Misspelled Title caused confusion of Post
Rihannsu
# 2
02-12-2013, 06:01 AM
*yawn*

How exactly do you "fix" such an issue?

Also, let them AFK. You can solo the mission anyway, which ensures you 1st place and some very rare items.

If anything, I'm more annoyed by people not bothering to repair the facilities, instead camping at the boss spawn point.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-12-2013, 07:02 AM
You fix it by putting in a system that registers a players activity. If the player does not move, shoot and generally make himself useful the game registers it and boots him allowing someone else to come in.
Captain
# 4
02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
You fix it by putting in a system that registers a players activity. If the player does not move, shoot and generally make himself useful the game registers it and boots him allowing someone else to come in.
Agreed. Although, I would just have the game give them a consolation prize that is 10% of the total Marks gained and add it to every event that is part of the PvE and PvP queue. If a person doesn't meet the activity threshold of an elite STF, then they get 6 Omega Marks compared to 60 and they miss out on the final reward.
Rihannsu
# 5
02-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Isnt the point to compete against each other for the good prizes in Minefield? so wouldnt it be better if there were AfK'ers in that particular mission? u know: less competition
Captain
# 6
02-12-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't really mind this as its easier to get 1st place. Also I think they need to kill at least 1 thing or they won't get any dil.
Captain
# 7
02-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
If anything, I'm more annoyed by people not bothering to repair the facilities, instead camping at the boss spawn point.
This.

I always seem to be the one having to do the scanning simply because no-one else can be bothered, and of course by the time I arrive I barely get a volley in before the boss goes down.
Kurov - KDF Tactical
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Career Officer
# 8
02-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post

Agreed, hate this!

They should have the 'boss' ship spawn in a minute after the last scan is made, at least it gives us some chance to make it over.
Captain
# 9
02-12-2013, 11:40 AM
That mission is so easy that one player can do the entire thing on their own. I have never had the pleasure of encountering AFKers in that mission, but I would be very happy if I did. The mission has a chance to drop Very Rare Mk XII gear to the person who completes the most objectives/gets the most kills. If they want to sit out AFK, that's fine by me. It just means less competition for that gear.
Career Officer
# 10 Ground Completion
02-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I don't really mind this as its easier to get 1st place. Also I think they need to kill at least 1 thing or they won't get any dil.
I know on ground you have to kill (or at least take a shot) for it to register that you completed the mission. I beamed into a Big Dig that was in phase 2, with 8/12 artifacts already having forcefields around them, needing the plants. So I raced to get the plants with my Stealth Module on, actually got 3/4 of them then the boss popped - 15 seconds later boss was killed and I didn't get any rewards.

I can't speak for space, but ground certainly you need to at least take a shot i guess. I wasn't even given a fair shot at helping, even if I wasn't trying to get the plants.

And 3 others joined after me.