Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 21
02-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Sheesh, the venom in this thread, that's the sort of thing that scares Devs away! Now they're probably not going to respond to this thread. Thanks guys. :
Don't ask a question you risk getting a honest answer to.

I honestly hope that nothing from NW is going over here... last time something from that game bleeded into STO, we ended up with the "magic aura" on all interactable items...

So the "nothing" from me is a positive one... I Really REALLY hope nothing else bleeds into STO.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 22
02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Just speaking for myself here, but since I really can't stand D&D type fantasy, Neverwinter doesn't really mean anything to me.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 23
02-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Contrast that with STO where a simple buff turns your captain Super Saiyan.
LOL

That's all I can contribute until I see the video myself.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 24
02-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcapulet View Post
What does NWM mean for STO? Three words, Elves in Space!
But we have those already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Don't ask a question you risk getting a honest answer to.
Cause there's so much "honesty" on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I honestly hope that nothing from NW is going over here... last time something from that game bleeded into STO, we ended up with the "magic aura" on all interactable items...

So the "nothing" from me is a positive one... I Really REALLY hope nothing else bleeds into STO.
Did that really come from NW? I've never seen it once in any NW Beta videos, but that doesn't mean it was a placeholder at one point. I agree that the aura is stupid, but that doesn't mean the things I suggested wouldn't improve the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Just speaking for myself here, but since I really can't stand D&D type fantasy, Neverwinter doesn't really mean anything to me.
I don't think I'll play it much myself, but the stuff in it interests me, and since things can be ported between the two games, I would like to see many of those features make it into this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
LOL

That's all I can contribute until I see the video myself.
It's almost an hour long, so fair warning. You can pretty much skip the first 20 minutes as that's all PR and character building stuff. I do hope that STO doesn't get any of THAT stuff.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Hopefully some 'Lessons Learned' could be transferred into STO to help improve it into a more enjoyable Star Trek game. More focused Star Trek, less milkshake blender please. It feels like STO is just the poor cousin now, and that all focus will be on the new Cash Cow for Cryptic/PWE that is NW.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 26
02-12-2013, 03:50 PM
What does it mean for STO?

Perhaps an improved Foundry. Maybe some new gestures?

What does it mean for CO?

They might get a second hamster to power the wheel that generates the electricity to run the servers. If lucky a third sharp pencil to "motivate" the hamsters if they slow down.
# 27
02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Cause there's so much "honesty" on these forums.

LOL...my sentiments.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

"Maybe space is not the final frontier," - Luke Minhere
Commander
# 28
02-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Stuff like synching and decoupling? Got to face the fact that NWN is Cryptic's new baby and soon-to-be flagship of which has the newer codebase.

Whatever engine tweaks done there will trickle down to us in the form of patches with less descriptive release notes. No big deal for us as it's just Cryptic doing work on the same engine they use for all their games.

So no DnD Doomsday inbound...

Unless we get hit with ninjaed 4th Edition rulesets. If so, then maybe we will have the STO NGE?
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
02-12-2013, 06:35 PM
This information was quite interesting, especially the bit about stuff like lock box keys and the like: http://youtu.be/AJg9SSIqPlo?t=4m56s
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 30
02-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
This information was quite interesting, especially the bit about stuff like lock box keys and the like: http://youtu.be/AJg9SSIqPlo?t=4m56s
That right there is a laundry list of things I don't want in STO.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.