Starfleet Veteran
# 21
02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
They already been doing 5 Modules already for ship like the Excelsior, if you did not get the C store RA Excelsior, then it costs 5 mods, if you got it it costs 1 mod...The diffrence here is there is no C store Ambassador class.
The Excelsior costs 5 because you get the built in transwarp ability, Geko covered that in his last interview. The Ambassador has no special ability, no console, no special weapon, nothing to justify a $25 price tag.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Survivor of Remus
# 22
02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
LOL, win what, you can buy all the fancy ships you want, they will never help a bad player become a good player.
But a good player can't have the best gear without cash being paid
Republic Veteran
# 23
02-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
But a good player can't have the best gear without cash being paid
really I'll let you know then when I actually use real money for a lockbox ship, or a fleet ship when i can buy them off the exchange....clearly someone got the stuff not to use but for the EC, so why deprive them of it.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-12-2013, 09:47 AM
5 modules seems wrong. Fleet ships are suppose to be 4 unless you baught a lower version to reduce it to 1. I understand there is no discount for this ship and I can accept that because the rules were already established.

I also remember that interview where they covered the reason for the excelsior being 5 modules and that was because there was no console to remove to get the transwarp points. but it makes no sense for this ship and I don't agree with it.
Survivor of Remus
# 25
02-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
really I'll let you know then when I actually use real money for a lockbox ship, or a fleet ship when i can buy them off the exchange....clearly someone got the stuff not to use but for the EC, so why deprive them of it.
Cryptic doesn't care if you buy it off the exchange, they still made $25 off you trading in those modules. They don't care if you get a lockbox ship with EC, as each one nets them an average of $250.

The money still has to be spent by someone, and you can't get the best ships without that happening.
Empire Veteran
# 26
02-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
I think what the person meant was that based on the game economy with the dilithium exchange is that some person is paying for it you are just exchanging your time spent versus their currency they spent. So in the end these 2 new fleet ships someone is going to be paying for them in some form or another
Career Officer
# 27
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Called it on twitter!

Brandon owes some prizes.......
Empire Veteran
# 28
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
5 modules? its one thing when the excelsior and brel have ether trans warp or enhanced battle cloak, but whats the justification here?

i suppose the costumes are slightly tweaked, but charging 5 mods for every new addition fleet ship from now on, not cool. 4 is already a huge gouge for a per character ship, 2 or 3 is more fair, with a max of 4 in special cases.

also, that universal LT is a false choice, make the ens universal too and you could do something interesting.

and the poor galaxy class, so marginalized. the fleet version should have its 2 LT and ens stations made universal, and the 5th eng console should be made tactical.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 29
02-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Fleet versions don't look very impressive, at least not worth 5 Modules.

@dontdrunkimshoot
I absolute agree with you, the (Fleet) Galaxy is just a joke and certainly not an improvement.
But for whom i am writing here, they don't listen anyway.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
# 30
02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Such a radical retroactive change would probably screw something up for people who already have it and find their console disappeared. The last chance for a good Galaxy lies in Fleet Gal-X.