Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 41
02-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady0mystery View Post
Did you ever, in your mind, actively purse a friendship or a intimate relationship with any of your bridge crew for your captain character in STO?
Since "Star Trek: Online" is not designed in a similar manner as "Dragon Age: Origins", the only use I have for my bridge officers is strategical. "Star Trek: Online" was not designed with dialogue options and cinematics, which could be used to develop a storyline between pcs and companion npcs. My bridge crew are soulless drones. Nothing more.

Last edited by linyive; 02-11-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Survivor of Remus
# 42
02-11-2013, 09:55 AM
My main (and functionally only) character is Commander Khas Ker'at, an inscrutable bug-man from the future. He is the only of his species serving in Starfleet and he finds humanoids to be physically repulsive. His ideal woman bears an uncomfortable resemblance to a queen xenomorph or large tyranid.

His relationship with his female Andorian first officer Shanda is about as close to cordial as he can manage. She finds him amusing and respects his command ability, and he finds her helpful and reliable, qualities he appreciates. There are occasional flares of non-romantic interpersonal tension between them as Khas' direct, pragmatic, and unemotional orders occasionally grate with her sense of empathy and humanism. It's this exact dynamic between them that has helped the horrible alien bugman to become a more effective captain.

Khas has a functional, but adversarial relationship with his male Andorian Chief Engineer, a man usually referred to as "Piper". They work work well in a crisis situation, but Piper comes across as quietly resentful of Khas when things are otherwise fine.

Taryal, the female unjoined Trill science officer, has an odd relationship with Khas. Tarayl, who can best be described as "enthusiastically sociopathic", is delighted by Khas and his objectively horrible demeanor. Khas finds her propensity to try and weaponize as many of the ship's subsystems as she can to be a source of quiet comfort. Khas finds her ambiguous interest him in unsettling and gross, though. They otherwise enjoy a good professional relationship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
That's "Tyranid(tm)"

Remember, GW Lawyers will eat you faster than the Tyranids(tm) and are magnitudes more ravenous.
"Zero, Zero, Zero...Destruct, Zero"
Survivor of Remus
# 44
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
That's "Tyranid(tm)"

Remember, GW Lawyers will eat you faster than the Tyranids(tm) and are magnitudes more ravenous.
I am but a simple man with nothing left to lose.

Bring it.
Empire Veteran
# 45
02-11-2013, 11:40 PM
very fragile, and I am not sure if my female orion should get involved with her all Gorn tactical officers in any kind of intimate relationship.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Captain
# 46
02-11-2013, 11:57 PM
I've grown to hate all of my meat shields. They keep failing to throw themselves in front if the Tholians to save their dear captain...
# 47
02-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Okay, I made my own flowchart too...

only thing, is... I might had made a mess out of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps7e49994b.jpg

tell me what you think.
Captain
# 48
02-12-2013, 08:49 AM
sumghai wins the thread.

I can't see photobucket at work, but I will look at your chart at home.

This is insprational stuff
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Commander
# 49
02-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Since "Star Trek: Online" is not designed in a similar manner as "Dragon Age: Origins", the only use I have for my bridge officers is strategical. "Star Trek: Online" was not designed with dialogue options and cinematics, which could be used to develop a storyline between pcs and companion npcs. My bridge crew are soulless drones. Nothing more.
You could try using your imagination. Or were you released without that feature, and haven't had it patched in yet?
Lieutenant
# 50
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
While there may be some flirtation between Captain Luke Minhere and his essential #1, there will not be an actual physical relationship unless she moves on to another ship. With that said, I like to write, therefor I guarantee nothing, and reserve the right to change my opinion as the story flows.

MY relationship with them is of course different. I do not consider myself the captain or the main character..etc. I am the author. The characters, much like in any story, have their place. Some I am close to and like, others I do not particularly care for but they seem to fit the "story".
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

"Maybe space is not the final frontier," - Luke Minhere