Captain
5 fleet ship modules? i thought the going rate for fleet ships was only 4?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=817881

the fleet versions of the ambasador and klingon free ship.

-_-

EDIT- it seems it was an error, its only 4 modules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?

Last edited by maicake716; 02-12-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
02-12-2013, 10:12 AM
I probably would have bought the Ambassador as an account unlock because I really like the look of the ship. But I won't pay 25 bucks for a per-character thing. Same reason I never got that T5 K'tinga I really wanted to play.

It's really sad, but in retrospect the great content drought of 2011 was much much better than what we have these days.
http://hilbertguide.com
Career Officer
# 3
02-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
5 fleet ship modules? i thought the going rate for fleet ships was only 4?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=817881

the fleet versions of the ambasador and klingon free ship.

-_-
That's pretty odd, I could see where they were going if they gave these ships some kind of innate special ability (such as Gal-X phaser lance/Guramba javelin, etc.).

Otherwise I don't understand why these are priced for 5 modules in comparison to other Fleet ships (from a mechanics/power standpoint - it's pretty clear this is marketing trying to strike while the iron is hot).

Captain
# 4
02-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Have to wonder if they're trying to make up for giving both the T3/T5 away for free with that extra FM...

Typical +hull/+shield.
The missing 3rd Sci console.
Lt Eng a Lt Uni.

Could see folks buying it for 4FMs... heck, the Ambassador lovefest crowd would probably buy it for 6FMs.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 5
02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
That's pretty odd, I could see where they were going if they gave these ships some kind of innate special ability (such as Gal-X phaser lance/Guramba javelin, etc.).

Otherwise I don't understand why these are priced for 5 modules in comparison to other Fleet ships (from a mechanics/power standpoint - it's pretty clear this is marketing trying to strike while the iron is hot).
whats even funnier is that it seems to nhave a higher hull then the oddy, and a much better bo layout then the galaxy.

talk about ablast from the past.
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 6
02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
whats even funnier is that it seems to nhave a higher hull then the oddy, and a much better bo layout then the galaxy.

It is kind of funny looking at the Fleet Ambassador vs. Fleet Galaxy... well, not to folks that like the Galaxy - but it is kind of funny to everybody else.
Career Officer
# 7
02-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:

I didn't even catch that on hull, 43,450 and listed turn rate of 7 (that feels like 8)?

Career Officer
# 8
02-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
It's really sad, but in retrospect the great content drought of 2011 was much much better than what we have these days.
As much as I loathe our money-grabbing overlords, I wouldn't agree there.

We all knew fleet variants were in the works, I just don't think anyone expected them to pop out as soon as the original disappeared.
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
I probably would have bought the Ambassador as an account unlock because I really like the look of the ship. But I won't pay 25 bucks for a per-character thing. Same reason I never got that T5 K'tinga I really wanted to play.

the fleet ships, i just pretend they are ships that cost between 15-20 mil EC, thats not too terrible for a ship around lockbox ship level.

its kinda funny, the c store ody seems more like a +.9 ship now. this ship is proboly 5 mods because so far they haven't made a dime off of the model and all the work put into it. plus they made slightly different models for this version too. the 5th mod is a tax, because theres no normal c store version that has recouped the costs of making the ships yet.

that universal LT s a false choice, make the ens universal too and they would be on to something. it could out do the ody as a heal boat then, or have 2 LT tacs
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 10
02-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
that universal LT s a false choice, make the ens universal too and they would be on to something. it could out do the ody as a heal boat then, or have 2 LT tacs
Base...

X, X
X

X, X, X, X
X, X, X
X, X

So...Tac:

X, X
X, X
X

X, X, X, X
X, X, X

So...Sci:

X, X
X

X, X, X, X
X, X, X
X, X

So...Eng:

X, X
X

X, X, X, X
X, X

X, X, X

But what you would have preferred?

X, X
X, X

X, X, X, X
X

X, X, X

...or...

X, X
X, X

X, X, X, X
X, X, X
X

Last edited by virusdancer; 02-12-2013 at 10:50 AM.