Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 21
02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Give Feds an illegal reproduction of the phase cloak developed by the crew of the Pegasus. Make it a convoluted, multi-step, resource-intensive Duty Officer project using materials you can only unlock in the reputation store at Tier 5. The punch line: It can only be equipped on an Oberth class science vessel, and you don't find out until the end. Also, it causes crippling malfunctions about half of the times it's activated.


Last edited by hanover2; 02-11-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,016
# 22
02-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I haven't seen such whining and ignorance since kindergarten.

*Grabs popcorn*
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 23
02-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Give Feds an illegal reproduction of the phase cloak developed by the crew of the Pegasus. Make it a convoluted, multi-step, resource-intensive Duty Officer project using materials you can only unlock in the reputation store at Tier 5. The punch line: It can only be equipped on an Oberth class science vessel, and you don't find out until the end. Also, it causes crippling malfunctions about half of the times it's activated.

Lol it could be an asteriod magnet.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 24
02-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Lol it could be an asteriod magnet.
Yes! And just as you start phasing through the asteroid, the cloak malfunctions and you're stuck half in, half out of it, and you have to fly around that way for the rest of the day.

-1000 turn rate, +10,000 structural integrity.

Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 25
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Yes! And just as you start phasing through the asteroid, the cloak malfunctions and you're stuck half in, half out of it, and you have to fly around that way for the rest of the day.

-1000 turn rate, +10,000 structural integrity.

This, SOOOOO many times over.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
# 26
02-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I would never think Federation would abandon their doctrine, nor that they would brake their own treaty to obtain technology that goes against the Fed war philosophy. The practical part of this is that Federation ships (uni console or built in) would have to get an hit to hull and shields to keep them on the line with the Klingon ships that can also use cloak, and I just don't see that happening at all. Again it's part of Fed war doctrine to fight different then Klingons do. There are exceptions, however, like Defiant, and it's working as intended in that ship.

As for Plasma Quad Cannon, yes please, that's actually a pretty good idea. Although my best guess is they're going to keep it for some Zen version of Romulan/Reman ship once (if) we get them as a playable faction.
Mia clementia denor esto.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
# 27
02-12-2013, 06:18 AM
I say let the Feds have the cloaking device from Pegasus BUT, the device won't engage when fighting Klingons.....it will ONLY work when fighting the Undine, Borg, True Way, Dominion.....see?? Feds have a cloak and the Klingons can't complain because it can't be used against them. Problem solved.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 28
02-12-2013, 07:30 AM
It never ceases to amuse me how many folks think the Treaty of Algeron is still in effect, despite the RSE being completely defunct.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
# 29
02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
It never ceases to amuse me how many folks think the Treaty of Algeron is still in effect, despite the RSE being completely defunct.
Thank you. I agree totally.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 30
02-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Ah hem..

Yes, Give feds cloaks!

The poor babies deserve it.

They have had such a hard time dealing with things lately, and they deserve a good pick me up.

I mean, they get lowsy ships, bad / incomplete story lines, that horrible Blue Hud.. *shivers* I mean.. like BLUE!? Oh the agony.

Come on cryptic, give it all to em. They need it!!!! Wah come on now!

The KDF doesn't deserve to exisit, why dosent the new cloak ready federation just wipe them out? I mean, bah klingons, why would we want something different around? BOo, I want the same stuff on both sides!

I know when I switch from Feds to Klings there wont be any difference other than BLUE or RED but I think thats enough to give a different and unique experience.

( lol )
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 PM.