Captain
# 71
02-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Personally I'd still rather it be a C-Store unlock. I still don't support the growing trend of single character items, be it lockbox or Fleet ships.
^
This.

I've got 8 characters, 6 of which I play regularly. It's not particularly appealing to get non-reclaimable character unlocks, for all of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Account unlocks, however, wellll... Sell me enough of those, which is easier because of the value-for-money-argument, and I'll feel urged to get ship/boff slots for all those characters too, as I am generally reluctant to discharge/reclaim ships/boffs.

Just sayin'
Career Officer
# 72
02-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
How is one Fleet Store Exclusive ship more easily accessed than another Fleet Store Exclusive Ship? And how can only 1 Fleet Store Exclusive Ship be bought with dilithium when another Fleet Store Exclusive Ship can't?
problem, this isn't just a single fleet store exclusive. there are all sorts of tier 2 ships that are fleet store only.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Captain
# 73
02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
...You mean, like the Tor'Kaht?
A LtC and a Lt Tac isn't my idea of the ideal Tac battlecruiser. I'd take 3 Tac console slots on a t5 cruiser that has a turn of +10 if I could get that Cdr/LtC TAC team but the Chel Grett is as good as it gets cruiserwise, it just doesn't feel very Klingony.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 02-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Captain
# 74
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
^
This.

I've got 8 characters, 6 of which I play regularly. It's not particularly appealing to get non-reclaimable character unlocks, for all of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Account unlocks, however, wellll... Sell me enough of those, which is easier because of the value-for-money-argument, and I'll feel urged to get ship/boff slots for all those characters too, as I am generally reluctant to discharge/reclaim ships/boffs.

Just sayin'
I couldn't agree more with this!

I'd buy this ship/s as an account unlock in a heartbeat! I too currently have 8 toons and I had planned to buy more toon slots cos the c-store ships I've already purchased can be claimed for each new toon as and when they reach the appropriate level. However, if this is the path that Cryptic/PWE are going down now and for the future, Then what is the point?

In a nutshell, it's not only money for ships they are losing from me now, but also future toon slots, ship slots etc. that are available also from the c-store. Cos what's the point if the new toons can't use the ships that I'd be paying for?

It's a lose, lose situation for Cryptic/PWE as far as my cash is concerned. Sorry!
Captain
# 75
02-12-2013, 12:05 PM
These people charge up to $300 to play a video game that will eventually be taken offline leaving you with nothing, and you think they're remotely concerned about your value for money?

I mean obviously the fleet ships are a ridiculous rake but everyone's already worked that out.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 76
02-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
What is the visual difference between the K'maj and the Kamarag?
Not a lot, as far as I've noticed. The head module is slightly different, the fan-shape having an indentation on the K'maj that doesn't exist on the Kamarag. The rear module may also be shaped slightly differently.

Most of the alterations that I notice are probably just due to the Fleet material and the placement and design of the Fleet windows compared to the normal material and windows.

The Yamaguchi looks like the team made at least some use of Ex Astris Scientia's Ambassador Variants article or some similar source to compare the two model variants... all the differences pointed out in the article that would be easily discernible from the angle given are there. (Shortened pylons, partially-covered bussard collectors, differently shaped platform for the sensor dome, central device in the deflector)
Starfleet Veteran
# 77
02-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
UPDATE: The Yamaguchi and K'maj will cost FOUR (4) Fleet Modules.

The previously-listed price of FIVE (5) modules was incorrect information, copied from the Fleet Excelsior. (My bad!)

The Dev Blog will be updated as quickly as BranFlakes can get around to it.

My apologies for the incorrect pricing information.
Is it really a mistake or a new conspiracy: the 56 peeps who complained about price gouging in this thread had something to do with it? It was only 1hr46 before rectifying it...still we forgive you
[

Last edited by crusader2007; 02-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Rihannsu
# 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
If enough players abstained, PWE will lower the price.
Remember the Fed/KDF C-Store EV Suite boycott? How well did that go? Last I checked, they were still 700 Zen, per Character.

Remember a few Ask Cryptics back, when Dan said they lost money on some of the KDF C-Store content they released? Did they lower the prices to encourage sales and at least try to recover development costs? Nope.

The C-Store and anything relating to it is being ruled with an Iron fist, and so long as the metrics show the vast majority of players; buying up c-sotre items, and fleet ship modules, and zen to convert into ever shrinking amounts of dilithium nothing will change.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Republic Veteran
# 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
I couldn't agree more with this!

I'd buy this ship/s as an account unlock in a heartbeat! I too currently have 8 toons and I had planned to buy more toon slots cos the c-store ships I've already purchased can be claimed for each new toon as and when they reach the appropriate level. However, if this is the path that Cryptic/PWE are going down now and for the future, Then what is the point?

In a nutshell, it's not only money for ships they are losing from me now, but also future toon slots, ship slots etc. that are available also from the c-store. Cos what's the point if the new toons can't use the ships that I'd be paying for?

It's a lose, lose situation for Cryptic/PWE as far as my cash is concerned. Sorry!
What they lose out on you and a few others they still gain from the rest who will still buy it.

To paraphrase Q

Please, spare me your egotistical musings on your pivotal role in STO. Nothing you do here will cause Cryptic to collapse or Perfect world to explode. To be blunt, you're not that important.

Career Officer
# 80
02-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Heh, I'm all for a Fleet Ambassador, but the stats presented to us here are a joke. This Fleet Ambassador is better than the Fleet Assault Cruiser and the Fleet Excelsior. From what I can tell, the Fleet Ambassador is to be the best Fleet Cruiser in the game to date.