Captain
# 81
02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
Is it really a mistake or a new conspiracy: the 56 peeps who complained about price gouging in this thread had something to do with it? What about those poor souls who already bought at 5 mods...are they getting a refund? I'm sure there must be a few of them. It was only 1hr46 before rectifying it....so glad I wasn't one of those who bought it already
The ships haven't been released yet. Probably not until Thursday.
Rihannsu
# 82
02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Is it really a mistake or a new conspiracy: the 56 peeps who complained about price gouging in this thread had something to do with it? What about those poor souls who already bought at 5 mods...are they getting a refund? I'm sure there must be a few of them. It was only 1hr46 before rectifying it....so glad I wasn't one of those who bought it already
Early Adaopters always get burned. They rarely end up better off.

Life Observation #; 127.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Career Officer
# 83
02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
What about those poor souls who already bought at 5 mods...are they getting a refund?
The ships aren't available until 10 AM PST on Thursday the 14th.
Survivor of Remus
# 84
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
What they lose out on you and a few others they still gain from the rest who will still buy it.

To paraphrase Q

Please, spare me your egotistical musings on your pivotal role in STO. Nothing you do here will cause Cryptic to collapse or Perfect world to explode. To be blunt, you're not that important.
That's some pretty poor form, dude, and rather insulting. Are you suggesting Cryptic doesn't care about their customers' opinions?

He absolutely has a right to say that it's not worth it. You don't really have a right to suggest he's insignificant.

For me, it's the equivalent of getting to the last boss in an RPG and finding the super coveted armor that looks the coolest and has top level stats, only $19.99 to wear.
Empire Veteran
# 85
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Details about the Yamaguchi and K'maj classes of Fleet Ships are revealed in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Thank you for going the fleet ship route as well as giving it to us sooner rather than later.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Republic Veteran
# 86
02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
That's some pretty poor form, dude, and rather insulting. Are you suggesting Cryptic doesn't care about their customers' opinions?

He absolutely has a right to say that it's not worth it. You don't really have a right to suggest he's insignificant.

For me, it's the equivalent of getting to the last boss in an RPG and finding the super coveted armor that looks the coolest and has top level stats, only $19.99 to wear.
There are no rights on the forums, but anyhow.

Cryptic cares, but they only care for so much,

as someone who worked in retail for a long time , i always hear the customers say they will take their money elsewhere or wont spend their money as if it hurts the company, and will somehow show the company the errors in it's way, but at the end of the day when they do the books, and see the data and how much they sold, why would they change there ways when they are still making money...can't please everyone, but you can please enough.

till the money stops flowing then a business will change.

Career Officer
# 87
02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Kudos to the Art Team for their refined efforts here. I do want to ask if the aft of the K'maj variant sports the pair of impulse engines from the K't'inga? The single engine on the anniversary Kamarag doesn't feel quite right to me. It's more a nitpick than a game breaker for me. But I wanted to put that out there.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Empire Veteran
# 88
02-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Sidenote to people complaining that its fleet and not c-store.

Heck ... I don't spend a real world dime on fleet ships any more. I just grind the energy credits (or dilithium) and get the modules from the exchange or by turning dilithium to zen.

Very easy in the game right now.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Survivor of Remus
# 89
02-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
There are no rights on the forums, but anyhow.

Cryptic cares, but they only care for so much,

as someone who worked in retail for a long time , i always hear the customers say they will take their money elsewhere or wont spend their money as if it hurts the company, and will somehow show the company the errors in it's way, but at the end of the day when they do the books, and see the data and how much they sold, why would they change there ways when they are still making money...can't please everyone, but you can please enough.

till the money stops flowing then a business will change.
So people don't have the right not to be insulted? lol

As far as your theories on retail, that'd be the view of a company or person who doesn't care about his business or customers and is incapable of seeing the trends until it's too late. By the time the money's stopped flowing, you're already too late. That's why people listen to feedback such as the vast amount of people pointing out how ridiculous 5 FSMs was. That's what these forums are for. You telling people their concerns don't matter is trying to ignore the problem.

Aside from that, you're derailing the thread.

The real question is if the game is not pay2win, why do all the best ships require microtransactions? (ie the Fleet versions of ships such as the ones in this post)
Career Officer
# 90
02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Being level 3 in the fleet tier, it'll prabably be another year before I can get one, so no real rush.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino